89' 1jzgte

jseriesmkii

You'll recognize this car as it has come from a fellow SM member to now another. This was Ofnarcr's Driftmotion 7MGTE. As my very first build, I was originally going to do a MKii but ended up deciding on the MKiii since the car is far easier to find parts for anymore and I think the MKvi is just too expensive. I never really introduced myself previously because I didn't know what my initial plans were, so I decided to wait till now to let you all see what has transpired.

We agreed to 500 dollars. This car is absolutely RUST FREE. Danny did an amazing job keeping the car intact. It has brand new Toyota targa seals, hatch seals, even has a dual gauge pod that he was kind enough to leave in the car.

My plans with this car are to put a 1JZGTE with another R154. You'll see in a few weeks what my plans are for the turbo setup. I'm sure you'll all like what I have in store.

"This cow is having a baby", from a comment a buddy posted on facebook on this picture.

With the exception of the dash and steering wheel, the interior is fantastic.

Me and my son on the left, My buddy that kindly used his cummins and trailer to haul the car for me.

After I got the hood back on and used the pressure washer to give her the first rinse to get the dust off from the ride home and see how much shine she really has.

This was after a few hours of Simple Green, scrubing, and using the pressure washer to wash off some serious oil and grease from the oil leak off the old 7M

jseriesmkii

So I haven't posted a damn thing since I got the car and things have changed a bit. I'm throwing a 7m in the car to get it driving instead of it sitting and not getting used.

I've picked up a 4.30 LSD, I bought a t3/t4 t70 turbo and just picked up an R154 for 450 without bell housing. Here are some pics

verunuju.jpg

yjymuru2.jpg

apu6ypy9.jpg

jseriesmkii

***UPDATE***

Well since spring has finally told winter to go away, I have found the motivation to start working on the car.

I have since sourced:

1JZGTE - 1000 (friend moved to phoenix and sold me the engine DIRT CHEAP)
R154 to JZ bellhousing - 300 shipped to my door
MK3 Supra JZ motor brackets - 65 shipped to my door
Dash - 75 picked up in cincinnati

Wiring will be overhauled as most of the chassis plugs have been cut up. Still have yet to determine who will be doing it. I have a couple options, just have to choose.

Just need clutch setup, mounts and a few other misc. things to get the 1J in the car. Working on get house right now to house the car and have everything together in one place (long story)

I took off the fenders and entire front bumper off the car and began prepping it for paint.
Pulled dash (it was shot anyway) to get access to brake booster and clutch master lines, as well as easy access to dash wiring.
Deleted the AC and heater (I'll get hated on, I know).
deleted the ABS, so I have to get brake lines and replumb the front brakes.

I used Rust O' Leum Flat Black engine enamel and Satin clear on the bay. Still needs more clear and a hit with an 800 grit wetsand.

Original dash on the left, newer on the right