88Guys Just make it work build!

88guy

use to go 280KMH :(
Jun 13, 2009
Victoria BC Canada
First off.....Whats up....Second off.....Whats up!

Thought i should add some backround to this post. I bought the car from a "nice guy" who just wanted to make space in his driveway. $3000cdn for a car that he said and what the work reciepts said was in good "running order" Paint and body were in good shape. Engine started up fine (it had been sitting for 7 months....first clue) and seem all was well..... That night while taking some friends for a drive im supra the first problem hit. The alternator gave out and stranded me quite a ways from home. so a new alternator went on the next morning. While it was at the shop.....I sign poped up that i should have noticed right away but deciced to agnore.....I had a very rough idle and it sound like it might be running on 5 cyclinders. Again my childish mind thought nothing of it even though there was little voices in the back of my head. 2 days later..........BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM OMFG HUGE BHG. We are talk antifreeze, water and oil EVERYWHERE. Engine wouldnt even turn over. Block was cracked and head gasket was just totally destoryed. My machanic said he smelt something fishy......He personally inspected that car before i bought it and he said it seemed alright. The pervious owner had cleaned cleaned up the block and did some kind of temporay fix then parked the car. Basicly i bought $3000 worth of BHG haha. Anywho i reached into the bank of brenden and pulled out $1400 for a motor for a company called http://www.tigerjapanese.com/ and it was well....A FANTASITC engine. Looked to have been freshly rebuilt and it runs like a top. I had the headgasket replaced on it just to be on the safe side. And its been in there for 3 Months now and she is still running strong! See below for specs and goals. Sorry for writing a novel hahaha

haha anywho down to details!
Ill start with whats on the supra already
- Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
- K&N Intake
- Custom 3in Exhaust
- Custom Short Throw Short Shifter (fucked up by previous owner in bad
need of ajustment :1zhelp: )
- Struts And springs (unknown Brand will post pics so maybe someone can
help me out identifying the brand. All i know is that they are blue.....)
- Superbrite Fog-lights

Parts laying around not yet installed
- Manual Boost Controller (need aftermarket boost gauge first....i dont want to blow her up......again hahaha)

Needs
- New wheels and tires
- Boost gauge
- sound system (lame clarion deck just has zero power output)
- shine lip

Future
- 57 trim ct26 or whole new BIGGER turbo?
- 550 injectors
- Lexus AFM
- ARP head bolts
- MHG
- Hardpipe and intercooler kit
- Fuel pump
- Better struts and springs
- New Paint (possible body kit???)

Overall goal is to have a DD with around 375-400hp.

ps i have a fully machined and pressure tested head laying around.......just throwing that out there ;)

Last edited:

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Nice, I'm on about the same stage for my car I just swapped the motors out and then ran into a overheating problem from losing coolant but it was just a split hose. Have lots of parts to add on but I'm gonna wait to buy a new exhaust before I put on my boost controller and new blowoff valve so it's not so restricted.

88guy

Jun 13, 2009
Victoria BC Canada
Beals;1371313 said:
Nice, I'm on about the same stage for my car I just swapped the motors out and then ran into a overheating problem from losing coolant but it was just a split hose. Have lots of parts to add on but I'm gonna wait to buy a new exhaust before I put on my boost controller and new blowoff valve so it's not so restricted.

Good call. hahaha i ran into cooling issues as well. and i was freaking out thinking i had ANOTHER bhg lol. But it turned out it was my rad. It was basicly destroyed

88guy

Jun 13, 2009
Victoria BC Canada
Well.....today it happened.... ::bhg:: :3d_frown: . Turned the car on to drive to work and bam!!!!. Since i dont have time to fix it and im going to be out of town for 5 days....I got it towed to a local shop that does some work for me sometimes. So that it can be done when i get home :) . Im not the richest guy in the world, but this time i feel like i should have a pro do it. :cry:

p1379328_1.jpg

p1379328_2.jpg

p1379328_3.jpg

Makes me sad to see her already for a tow :cry:

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
shitty deal man, just pull that motor out and rebuild it :)/ or try JKjapanese in vancouver. last i talked to them a 7m was 800.