87 turbo supra, automatic, O2 sensor wiring probs

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
i have like 30 seconds to type this, so sorry for bad grammar and somewhat lack of information.

got a new oxygen sensor a few days ago from rockauto (thanks zumtizzle) because my wires were all crispy. the car was working fine for a while until it suffered some similar symptons (tons of black smoke, stumbling at idle and slight throttle, wouldnt start half the time). looking at the wires again, the three wires leading OUT of the engine harness plug, on the harness side, are deteriorated as well.

my question: is there any way to fix these wires without replacing the entire harness? is the plug and three wires (on the harness side) a dealer part? does it connect to another plug somewhere down the line, or is it all wrapped up in the harness?

thanks for the info, anyone who posts in here! right now i have it crimpled and spliced up so it works fine, but i want a sure fire solution. i dont like worrying about my car every time i drive it.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
I can't build one at the moment, although I might be able to on the weekend, or just do the soapy water treatment.

It does sound like boost leak, actually...but I have a code 21 popping up (along with 22, for whatever reason, and 34). The CEL came on twice for about ten seconds while on the thruway back to my apartment tonight, I'm assuming for the oxygen sensor code.

edit: Would a boost leak be sporadic? I'm not experiencing the bogging down/black smoke/horrible idling conditions 100% of the time, I'd say between today and yesterday it was about 20% of the time, and I drove quite a lot. It might be a fluke, but it seems that the longer I drive in hot weather, it starts to act up or get worse.

Last edited: