87 supra over boosting hit fuel cut under wot all specs and mods listed need help....

bigant

Jun 27, 2011
north brunswick nj
87 supra 7mgte
mods ---mhg arps hard piping intercooler full exhaust turbo back no cat intake bov walbro 255 ct26 stock no shaftplay 6 pluck clutch 11 pound flywheel

probelm before installing upgrade was at 6 psi now at 10 to 12 bassically hitting fuel cut i did not shim waiste gate all new vac line no boost leaks waiste gate acuator works noboost controller is it possible that with adding this it increased the boost i had the down pipe on and off 3 times grind down flange made shore it wasnt hitting the waiste gate or rod afr is at 11.5 under wot but once past10 psi hit fuel cut ----- at idle 14.7 runs great just fuel cut pulls hard higher rpm i notice boost creeps slightly i can drive it under boost half throtle and wont hit fuel cut ill aswer and questions kinda stumped

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Your fine. What happens is you upgraded you exhaust allowing your car to breath better.

It is very common to see a increase in boost when doing this. The factory turbo will trigger boost cut most commonly from 10psi to 13psi it varys due to outside temps and where you live, the density of the air and altitude plays a part also.

If you Want to fix the issue there is the Lexus/550 mod and also a piggyback can help with a good tune.

When i had stock afm and injectors with a piggyback I was able to get to 14psi with no fuel cut as soon as I took it off I couldn't even run 10psi.

Also remember its vary from car to car.

bigant

Jun 27, 2011
north brunswick nj
ok thankz dude i have the lex maf housing but accordin hose to small to adapt and i havent got a hold of 550s yet what piggy back system r my option beside the aem stand alone and do u recomend fcd because my afrs r good and if i delete fuel cut i can monitor my afr

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
I personally will tell you not to use a FCD the reason why is because what happens if you are at 100% throttle and your wastegate fails and boost spikes to 30psi and you had nothing to stop it ... (Bang!)

The stock accordian hose will stretch over the Lexus housing how ever it your it old and brittle it might tear. Driftmotion sells new ones for $60

Do not I repeat do not install the Lexus afm without doing the 540-560cc injectors also.

I use EVO 8-9 560cc Injectors and they work great.

SPOOLINLUST

Feb 24, 2011
nnj
You can also find the greddy straight pipe but it eliminates a bunch of stuff like recirc valve the PCV lines that come off the valve covers and some other things as well. I ran a catch can and an SSQV looks a lot better and raises octane because the oil is not being vented back into the intake. You will also need silicone adapters to mate the AFM to the pipe then the pipe to the turbo.