'87 Supra front and back seat removal???

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Front seats: Especially for the power drivers seat, move the seats all the way forward, and pop the covers off the two bolts at the back first. Then, move them all the way back, and get the two up there. I believe you need a 14MM socket. You will have a plug underneath the drivers seat for the power.

Back seats are pretty easy. There are two little black tabs that stick out of the bottom section. Pull up on those, and the lower half of the back seat should pull up and out. After that, lay the tops down. You might be able to get around removing the tops, but maybe not. If you need to remove them, it's 2 bolts at the middle, and 2 more on the other side for each half. It's not hard, you may have to push the carpet on the backs around to get to these bolts. They may be 12mm, I think.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I found that the best place, IMO, to put the wiring for the system was under the carpet (duh?), and run it along the passenger side of the transmission tunnel. I did it under the driver side sill once as well, and preferred my other idea. :)