87 NA-T Swap Troubles.

Krimetz

Sep 14, 2013
CT
Hello All!
I have been a member for a while, but i usually find the information I need by utilizing the search button and researching. But the search button and finding a thread that helps me with my problem has miserably failed. Here is some information.

I have a 1987 Supra 7MGE matched to a w58 transmission with 3.9LSD. Car has run great for over a year. decided to take on a NA-T conversion to bring up the fun factor a bit. I sourced these parts:

Yellow Plug harness
Yellow Plug Turbo 5spd ECM
Ignitor
440CC injectors
CT26 Turbocharger with Manifold
All GTE I/C pipes, IC itself
GTE Intake Manifold w/ crossover tube
GTE vacuum manifold and lines
Driftmotion Turbo oil line kit.
Accordion hose and other misc. intake hoses
GTE power steering reservoir setup
GTE Turbocharger coolant lines with GTE Rear Thermostat housing
Apexi Neo
Aem Wideband
Generic Boost gauge for now
HAC sensor
CPS
GTE Throttle Body
GTE throttle linkages

What i have done:
--Knock sensor GTE needs two, GE block we all know has one, they are wired together.
--All above sourced parts have been installed.
--kept the w58 for now, since it has a new clutch in it.

What my issue is:
--Idling--sometimes this idles perfect, it sits at about 650 rpm and just purrs. no engine shake. Then sometimes it will not idle. i have to have the AC on for it to stay idling, and it develops a small lope in the idle.

--Driving -- i can take the car down the road. driving like a normal human being it drives sweet. until i hit about 4200 to 4500 rpm and all hell breaks loose. car will start bucking like a pissed off bull. if i try to power through the said RPM of hell, it just gets even more pissed off. If i drive like a pissed off teenager i just reach the point in the RPM where hell breaks loose a whole lot faster. i see about 4-6 psi of boost when this occurs also.

--Codes -- i keep getting a Code 11 randomly. sometimes a 51 or 52 but then it goes away.

--Igniter. i have this grounded right to the battery.

--Timing - I've checked timing numerous times and it is sitting around 8.

My questions:

--Is the GE FPR the same as the GTE?
--Am i hitting some kind of fuel cut?

At this point i would like to thank any input or sweet criticism, that will point me to the answers i seek, before i sell a kid on the black market and buy a 2jzgte swap.

Thanks!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
You have a mixed bag. That is the symptom of an intake leak which leads to 34 (abnormal turbo pressure) but you didn't list it. If you have 11, and not a constant flashing, get it fixed first.

Did you drill holes in the block for the oil feed?

Krimetz

Sep 14, 2013
CT
I'll check into fixing the code 11 first. Thank You Nick and JetJock.
Nick- No i did not drill holes in the block. wasn't to comfortable with that, so i am utilizing Driftmotions softline kit that has the T adapter coming off the oil pressure sensor for my supply. Modified pan adapter for the drain.

Thanks.

Wes

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Krimetz;2052079 said:
I'll check into fixing the code 11 first. Thank You Nick and JetJock.
Nick- No i did not drill holes in the block. wasn't to comfortable with that, so i am utilizing Driftmotions softline kit that has the T adapter coming off the oil pressure sensor for my supply. Modified pan adapter for the drain.

Thanks.

Wes

Whatever works. There is also the feed under the oil filter stud. One could run a cooler from that circuit.