7mgte trigger wheel kit

83restomod

Bryan
Feb 11, 2008
clinton NJ
I'm going Aem v2 ems on my 7mgte and id ike to do a trigger wheel set up similar to what dwane has on his white mk3. Does anyone of our venders/ members offer a bracket or kit for such a set up? Thanks

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
Can't you use the CPS, or do you want to get rid of it? Pardon my ignorance, I'd like to know what the benefits would be? More accurate timing?

Funkycheeze

Grease Monkey
Jul 3, 2009
Calgary
He has a trigger wheel mounted to the front of the intake cam gear. I think it is a custom piece. Required as the Motec EMS needs a hall effect style pickup.

Is there a V2 AEM avaliable for the 7M now? You can always set it up to use the stock CPS, even if it is a universal box.

83restomod

Bryan
Feb 11, 2008
clinton NJ
I would like to get rid of the cps for numerous reasons. if u have an Aem u know what those are. The ATI damper seems to be one option if they would reproduce it again. Still looking for a bolt on wheel kit mounted to the cam gear.

Also the v2 is available as I just ordered one from Titan :)

83restomod

Bryan
Feb 11, 2008
clinton NJ
U have to call up. Anyone have a link to the cps mod to a trigger wheel set up? I remember seeing a thread a while ago about pulling out the cps wheel and 3 pick ups and installing a single pick up for use with mega squirt or other ems

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Thanks for bumping. I have heard of this, but this is the first time I have seen it. I am thinking this may be the way to go with my v1. I believe my friend is running this on his celica supra with a 7m swap and MS2.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
I like how he does not mention you have to cut the proper tooth

put cps in tdc and make sure your timing mark is set to zero

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
NashMan;1897778 said:
I like how he does not mention you have to cut the proper tooth

put cps in tdc and make sure your timing mark is set to zero

Yes that would help some.
So at TDC is it the tooth that is closest to the VR sensor? I only have two extra CPS, but would only like to use one for this. I wouldn't mind getting it right the first time.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
emericaskater285;1897786 said:
Yes that would help some.
So at TDC is it the tooth that is closest to the VR sensor? I only have two extra CPS, but would only like to use one for this. I wouldn't mind getting it right the first time.

no no sensore has nothing to do with it errr well it does

it's the mark on the casing and the spur gear so you can just stab it in and go if you have to pull it out that's all so it all lines up sensore and all then set up the light flash it with the gun and make them both sink ect

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
NashMan;1898430 said:
no no sensore has nothing to do with it errr well it does

it's the mark on the casing and the spur gear so you can just stab it in and go if you have to pull it out that's all so it all lines up sensore and all then set up the light flash it with the gun and make them both sink ect

Okay, I will keep this in mind, and maybe while I am doing this, I will make a detailed write up with high quality photos too lol. Ill have ask my friend that has already done this to come over and over see me doing this so I don't do the wrong tooth. you can never be too sure. ;)