7MGTE -- sensors required for a AEM V2

Hotwheelsjr

May 22, 2011
Surprise AZ
Hi all -- I have been told a intake air temp sensor and a MAP sensor are required before installing a AEM V2 in my car. I didn't receive a recommendation on the temp sensor, but was recommended the GM 3 Bar MAP sensor -- is this cool for AEM V2 on a 7M? Your recommendations for both, please? Is there a tutorial or link on how to wire in these sensor? I have no idea where to even start.

Thanks!

-- Mike

Hotwheelsjr

May 22, 2011
Surprise AZ
Anyone? I assume there are folks out there running AEM V2 on a 7M...I just need to know how to wire these sensors in. Do they wire into the existing MAF harness once I remove the MAF? HELP!

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
I'm running a V1, but the whole point of a standalone is that you can run whatever sensors you want, and then set up the software to read them properly. I am running a GM 3 bar map sensor, GM air intake temperature sensor, wired into the AEM as per the AEM instructions. I am also using a stock (new) coolant temperature sensor.

in regards to where to start, start reading the AEM forums, and searching here. There have been multiple posts about the AEM, but in the end, it will be up to you to decide what sensors you want to run for your particular setup.

or you can drop your car off at a shop like Driftmotion with a wad of cash and tell them to make it run.