7mgte on the dyno

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
First things first, the car is a 91 7mgte powered mk3 supra. I bought the car with a blown headgasket, and decided that I was going to do my first motor rebuild. I really consider it a refresh. At the time, i simply did a by hand hone of the cylinders, replaced all rings, bearings, gaskets and seals as well as doing a Titan motorsports headgasket with ARP headstuds. I used Toyota bearings, and refreshed the head by hand. Think old school hand lapping with a suction cup and salve.

Anyway, its been about 3 years, and 50 thousand miles as my daily driver and hasn't let me down yet.

The mods list is as follows:
Driftmotion intercooler kit
No name intake filter
China special Divorced and rerouted downpipe
3" hks dual tip exhaust with magnaflow replacement muffler
stock 2.5" cat (huge exhaust restriction but CALI sucks).
lightweight fidanza flywheel
Lightweight shaftmaster Driveshaft
No tune

I'm happy and surprised with my numbers considering these were hot runs with no wait time in between.

I will have the video posted as soon as my friend sends it my way. 8443160845_4c927cb80e_k.jpg

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
So any ideas as to how this compares to others with similar mods? I was happy with the results, but would like to know the opinion of someone more knowledgeable with dyno sheets and power output.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Those are great results for no major engine upgrades. That 2.5" cat might not be hurting you too bad, but I'm sure it's not doing any favors. I would have expected peak power to be a little later in the rev range. Perhaps that's the exhaust restriction making a difference at the top end?

I'm impressed to hear you got 50k out of an un-prepped block and hand prepped head. That's definitely a gamble and you got a good result.

If you're looking for more power, I'd look at getting a CARB legal 3" cat (assuming they exist :dunno:) and up the boost a little with a controller (assuming you're on 9 psi due to the exhaust alone). You've still got some room before fuel cut.

I really need to get mine tested. I'm hoping right now I'm sitting about 10% above your numbers at 10.5-11 psi.

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
Suprapowaz!(2);1912130 said:
264rwhp & 276rwtq at only 9psi with intercooler & exhaust mods... I'm impressed. Is this with a stock CT26?

Yes sir. As far as I can tell. Never upgraded by me or the previous owners. I also have the chevy big block springs in the head but that shouldnt increase power at all...

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
BigKO;1912122 said:
So any ideas as to how this compares to others with similar mods? I was happy with the results, but would like to know the opinion of someone more knowledgeable with dyno sheets and power output.

Those numbers on a Dyno Jet sound pretty good to me. Definitely not bad for 9 pounds. You did a good job of refreshing the block.

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
As soon as I get a couple small issues sorted out I'm planning on upgrading the catalytic converter, upping the boost a bit and possibly doing a minor tune. I am not going for crazy numbers, just something fun and sane for the streets.