7mgte auto transmission

Miguel

Le Grand Supra
Apr 27, 2015
Coachella Valley
Alright guys I've been doubting my transmission, im rebuilding my engine but I have an auto tranny and im expecting to make 300-450 hp. Im not sure if the transmission will hold up or what would happen?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
With a lot of miles, it already has a lot of wear on the clutch packs, bands, and sprags. You should consider having it rebuilt professionally.

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
well 300 - 450 is very big difference. If tranny is healthy - with good maintaining history then with shimmed accumulators it wont have that much stress on clutch pack and it would hold it much better. I've read that they hold 400hp easily with shims and bigger cooler. If ur swapping it to R154 later then there's no big risk anyway and if it wont hold that much power it would just slip so you know to turn boost down. plus auto trannys are cheap.

give it a try :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
blk92suprat;2065482 said:
Are there still any forum vendors who perform the valvebody upgrade?

If you can successfully take the valve body out and replace it correctly, you can put it in a Ziploc gallon bag and ship it California.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Look into IPT for a valve body upgrade. I had that with some upgraded clutch packs on my old 89 and it was making around 400 at the crank. It shifted hard but would chirp the tires when shifting from 1st to 2nd and often between 2nd and 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MichiganLC

Oct 30, 2015
Michigan
For the increased price is there benefit to the IPT valve body upgrade over the Trans-go kit?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
MichiganLC;2066017 said:
For the increased price is there benefit to the IPT valve body upgrade over the Trans-go kit?

What do you mean?

Sent from my computer via my keyboard.

MichiganLC

Oct 30, 2015
Michigan
$120 for new springs and drilling your valve body yourself or $600 to send it in. Are there other benefits that I'm not aware of?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
MichiganLC;2066175 said:
$120 for new springs and drilling your valve body yourself or $600 to send it in. Are there other benefits that I'm not aware of?

If you are sure that is all he does, then go ahead and let us know.

MichiganLC

Oct 30, 2015
Michigan
Yeah, I'm not sure. I would expect they'd do more than that. I pulled mine and am in the process of installing the Trans-go kit. I'm on the fence of whether now is the time to upgrade clutches, etc, since it's out of the car.

Thoughts?

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
MichiganLC;2067579 said:
Yeah, I'm not sure. I would expect they'd do more than that. I pulled mine and am in the process of installing the Trans-go kit. I'm on the fence of whether now is the time to upgrade clutches, etc, since it's out of the car.

Thoughts?

The obvious answer is yes. Upgrade while its out if the car.