7mge bhg?

lunchbox

Dec 5, 2012
Denver, Colorado
So today around 5:30-6 i checked my oil, it was fine, maybe a tad full, and then about 30 minutes later my mom got in the car and tried to drive it (shes not too good at stick) and revved it to about 6k (fairly warm). The heat was blowing hot so the engine was probably warm enough, but then the ride got kinda chuggy, as though we were on a dirt road. When we got home we looked and there was quite a bit of smoke that came out of the tailpipe, and smelled like the inside of an engine-swapped car. Its very cold here, about 20 degrees fahrenheit. Its been sitting for a while, 4 years-ish, so could it just be bad valve seals and old gas? Or is it the dreaded BHG?

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
damn... sitting for 4 years eh? It's hard to say without haveing any first-hand experience running an engine that's sat that long without tearing it down, and at least checking clearances/replacing seals.... HOWEVER I do know that your fuel will break down over time... especially THAT long... that alone can cause some SERIOUS issues with the fuel system... and could easy be responsible for making the car run like crap. The smoke though, makes me think you may have some dried out/fatigued seals up top. Don't take my word for it though.