7M na-t Megasquirt

Zapp

Dec 6, 2008
Chicago
I have always been a huge fan of megasquirt and would like to run it on my 7m. I know everyone has issues getting megasquirt to work with the EDIS ignition on the 7MGTE. However I have an NA 7M with a distributor ignition. If I was to run megasquirt with the stock distributer, does anyone have any idea how I would go about setting it up?

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
im using ms2 on my 7mgte with edis. i didnt have any issues. i think the prob is the diagram for the trigger wheel shows the missing tooth 6 teeth counterclockwise from the sensor, but if you notice in tiny writing it says "as viewed from the rear". the missing tooth needs to be 6 teeth clockwise from the vr sensor when your looking at it from the front of the engine. mine works fine.

zdatsupra

Feb 19, 2006
florida
Zapp;1213537 said:
I have always been a huge fan of megasquirt and would like to run it on my 7m. I know everyone has issues getting megasquirt to work with the EDIS ignition on the 7MGTE. However I have an NA 7M with a distributor ignition. If I was to run megasquirt with the stock distributer, does anyone have any idea how I would go about setting it up?

Im using the ford edis set up with ms2 on my 7mgte.
I had absolutely no set up issues using the stock coils.
It seems real easy and the tach works.

After buying a set up from someone on here,we improved the bracket for the sensor and rewelded the trigger wheel balanced on the dampener.

We did however burn the module up 2x and I think my coil had a short in it because the connector was broken. Waiting on coils now.

The other thing I dont like is the trigger wheel we welded to the dampener is too thick, requires fan spacing which lead to radiator fitment issues with alum radiators. We already have a nice bracket made up to mount the sensor so I have not explored other (thinner) trigger wheels.

BGood

Jan 1, 2008
Green Lane
The other thing I dont like is the trigger wheel we welded to the dampener is too thick, requires fan spacing which lead to radiator fitment issues with alum radiators. We already have a nice bracket made up to mount the sensor so I have not explored other (thinner) trigger wheels.

One thing some guys, and I will be doing, is grind two of the 24 teeth off of the cam position sensor, 180 degrees apart. then you program the computer for a 12-1 crank signal.

edit:

Or you could do it this way
http://www.msextra.com/ms2extra/MS2-Extra_Nippon.htm

darkspeed

Supramania Contributor
Oct 1, 2006
Montgomery, AL
www.pbase.com
we've had nothing but trouble with the stock toyota distributor and cps. 36-1 is simple to set up and has fewer noise issues (not sure why).

bozosoku is one of the few who's had luck with the toyota vr's