60 or 67mm for 1jz

300zxpwns

Feb 1, 2009
texas
I"m curious which turbo you guys think would be the most responsive and have better spool, a 60 trim with .82 ar or a 67 trim with a .70 ar? I'm trying to decide on which dm kit to get and need help picking which turbo and hotside to go with. Thanks in advance.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
I'm Thinking about the same thing. I don't mean to thread jack, but don't thing another tread about the same topic would be a good idea. I'm leaning towards The 67 for my 1jz with 550 injectors, MKIV fuel pump, Plan on getting BC 264's from group buy, and will be tunning with a safc. power goals are 550, What A/R would be good for me. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
MDCmotorsports;1549779 said:
You need to go back and repost your question. Trim and millimeters are TWO VERY different things. Also, you haven't told us what you've done to your 1jz, or your power goals.

S.A. supra;1593315 said:
I'm Thinking about the same thing. I don't mean to thread jack, but don't thing another tread about the same topic would be a good idea. I'm leaning towards The 67 for my 1jz with 550 injectors, MKIV fuel pump, Plan on getting BC 264's from group buy, and will be tunning with a safc. power goals are 550, What A/R would be good for me. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
You didn’t offer answers either and there is a reason. MDC gave him a question to answer
MDCmotorsports;1549779 said:
You need to go back and repost your question. Trim and millimeters are TWO VERY different things. Also, you haven't told us what you've done to your 1jz, or your power goals.
did he answer yet? I don’t think it wise to tell someone what they should get until you know what they are trying to do. If he wants a quick spool and no top get a t25 off of a sr20det if you want a top end monster with to low end muscle get a t88 and that 50 shot lol as someone already mentioned.

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
Linchmob87;1599277 said:
I would want a really strong 15-20 lb. quick spool If I had the bread and could afford it. But you are right, guess you have to have a goal and details
15-20psi doesn't exactly help determine what turbo you want/need unless you state a desired horsepower for that pressure. Flow rates at those pressures differ between what size turbo you choose. Start with what you plan to use this car for i.e. auto-x, drag, street etc. and how much horsepower you want and we can go from there.

iceman

May 11, 2010
columbus ohio
let me jump in on this one...i got a stock 1jz(head and bottom).i am going with dm67 .70ar. dm ic, dm 3in exhuast..injectors not sure but larger than 550's. i will plan on tunning with aem ems v1....now my goals are to break in 500whp and atleats 400tq lol...my car is 91 sun roof mk3 full weight (what ever that is)...now i know it all depends on tunning..but what do you yall think about this setup....i would be using it for street and drag race.....