Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
annoyingrob;1042140 said:
Dan, you deadening the doors at all?

I'm just about to deaden my whole car :eek:
Heh. IF I ever find time to get back to this project...

Once the speaker is fully enclosed, the door deadening shouldn't make as much difference as it would with an open baffle, however, yeah, I'd like to go that route.

However, since my doors still aren't in the best of condition, I might wait until I get non-rusted door skins before I invest in deadening material for them.

I got as far as a mount design, and some templates for the face plate, and I'm stalled there. Maybe I'll get some time this summer, but with so much else to do on the car this year... Maybe not.

I've already got the speakers though, so it will get done.

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
annoyingrob;987901 said:
Those aren't 91-92 panels.

These are 91-92 panels [thumb]http://offsite.lostjournal.com/rob/Supra%20Pics/Door%20speakers.jpg[/thumb]

Those are the EF's right? How do you like them? How's the midbass? I've been thinking of getting a set to replace my craptastic infinities.

Here's an old shot of how I mounted my 6.5's...
DSC_0173.jpg

Its got new inserts, the tweeter has been moved, and is in the process of being revinyl'd as soon as the weather clears up. The imaging is fantastic.

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
My current setup... Mid response is oke... I wish i had the room to glass in an enclosure behind the mid, but the window already hits the magnet when i close the door :( The sound deadening sure did help though. I recommend it to anyone. It makes the ride alot more quiet as well on the high way.

p1044382_1.jpg

p1044382_2.jpg

p1044382_1.jpg

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
speed;1044088 said:
Those are the EF's right? How do you like them? How's the midbass? I've been thinking of getting a set to replace my craptastic infinities.

Its got new inserts, the tweeter has been moved, and is in the process of being revinyl'd as soon as the weather clears up. The imaging is fantastic.

Yes, they're the EF's. They're pretty decent. I'm fairly happy with them (which is saying a lot, I'm picky). The cheapest I've found them for is like $200 new though. Damn they're expensive speakers for what they are.

I'm going to seal and deaden my doors in the next month or so. Should make a world of difference.