30-1130 box (7M) with a 2JZGTE?

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Hey guys, I'm seriously considering going 2J(gte) and one of the things holding me back is the headache of trying to sell my 30-1130 box to get the 30-1100 box. Can my box work with the 2JZGTE? I've looked at both manuals/pin diagrams and it seems like it should work, but I want to hear it from the experts. I was thinking about doing the harness tweaking/adjustments by getting a patch cable that would convert from 2J harness (female side) to the 7M connector (male side) for my 1130 box then I would be able to do all pins relocation there, and account for the body harness part of it off course.

Thanks

Last edited:

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
Greg,

Sorry for the delay. I don't get over here as much as I used to.

I haven't used an 1130 to run a 2JZ but, I think your biggest issue would be the ignitor. The 2JZ ignitor uses an awkward 2.5 volt signal that the 1130 box isn't going to output without some modification. If you are willing to do a bit of customization in the ignition department (maybe a "dumb" ignitor from another platform or a CDI system would be the answer. There are a few different ways I can think of to get around the problem, depending on budget and intended usage.

The cam and crank signals are virtually identical between the 2J and the 7M so, there will be no problem getting the box to synch with the appropriate wizard setting.

It will be some fun pinning up a 2J harness to a 7M ecu connector but nothing more than tedious. The only real stumbling block I see is trying to run an OEM 2JZGTE ignitor.

You could run a 2JZGE motor with ALL of your 7M electonics if you want. Damn near plug and play...

-Brian

turbogate;1101431 said:
Like the title says guys, I'm seriously considering going 2J(gte) and one of the things holding me back is the headache of trying to sell my 30-1130 box to get the 30-1100 box. Can my box work with the 2JZGTE? I've looked at both manuals/pin diagrams and it seems like it should work, but I want to hear it from the experts. I was thinking about doing the harness tweaking/adjustments by getting a patch cable that would convert from 2J harness (female side) to the 7M connector (male side) for my 1130 box then I would be able to do all pins relocation there, and account for the body harness part of it off course.

Thanks

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Thanks for the info. I then wonder if the vvti 2JZ (commonly found on the late model IS300) uses a different ignitor than the 2JZGTE, since it is wasted spark with the 3 coils. I would think that might work if it is indeed different. I'll look into it.

Thanks again

chevyeater;1132783 said:
Greg,

Sorry for the delay. I don't get over here as much as I used to.

I haven't used an 1130 to run a 2JZ but, I think your biggest issue would be the ignitor. The 2JZ ignitor uses an awkward 2.5 volt signal that the 1130 box isn't going to output without some modification. If you are willing to do a bit of customization in the ignition department (maybe a "dumb" ignitor from another platform or a CDI system would be the answer. There are a few different ways I can think of to get around the problem, depending on budget and intended usage.

The cam and crank signals are virtually identical between the 2J and the 7M so, there will be no problem getting the box to synch with the appropriate wizard setting.

It will be some fun pinning up a 2J harness to a 7M ecu connector but nothing more than tedious. The only real stumbling block I see is trying to run an OEM 2JZGTE ignitor.

You could run a 2JZGE motor with ALL of your 7M electonics if you want. Damn near plug and play...

-Brian

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
turbogate;1133158 said:
Thanks for the info. I then wonder if the vvti 2JZ (commonly found on the late model IS300) uses a different ignitor than the 2JZGTE, since it is wasted spark with the 3 coils. I would think that might work if it is indeed different. I'll look into it.

Thanks again

You are welcome.

BTW, you can run IS coils quite well with the 7M ignitor. :naughty:

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
chevyeater;1133632 said:
You are welcome.

BTW, you can run IS coils quite well with the 7M ignitor. :naughty:

That's what i currently run on my 7M :icon_bigg. I love them, and I'm starting to think that this swap will be easier than I thought (ignition wise) I might as well keep my current 7M ignition system.

The 1130 box and 7M ignition does not suffer the same spark lost that the 1100 box does when it converts the 2J to waste spark, which means I will need a CDI(amplifier) way later in my goals than I would if I was pushing the 6 coils in wasted spark. And from what I understand, I probably will NOT encounter that 3k popular missfire that is usually associated with the 7M CPS.

If I understood you correctly, I can use the 2JZ cam and crank signal to my 1130 box which is what the CPS does in the 7M, than my 1130 box will control the igniter/coils as it did before. It would then be a matter of making a hybrid harness between my 7M and Aristo harness. The sequential injection part of it, I think I have covered also.

Thanks

2JZ_MA70

Aug 28, 2007
Cleveland
The box will run fine on it. Just keep the 7M ignitor and run DIS4/CDi box from it. The factory coils would be fine with that. The EMS fires the coils in waste spark regardless of the igniter in the car. you wont need any of the tach addapters... just run the tach wire from the dis to the stock tach wire. The EMS generates its own RPM signal from crank teeth... and it doenst monitor ignition like teh factory ECu does...

The signals from 2JZ sensors are stronger... You should not have problems there.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Hey guys, I posted this 4 years ago (wow, time flies) and got some good feedback from Chevyeater and 2JZ_MA70. I was wondering since it's been a while if anyone has actually done that, using the 7M box (1130) with the 2JZGTE. Or if anyone has more to add. The swap is officially my summer project.

Thanks.

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
I know some people who are running the box with 2jzge on 7m electronics. Its far easier to do and besides you can go with a custom ignition system using a crank trigger if you want to eliminate the CPS portion. Lots of options, im currently running a V2 box and look to maybe do the GE with 7m stuff next year