2JZGE vs 7MGTE?

Bruno Molly

Apr 29, 2009
NC
Basically I am faced with many decisions with 3 projects going at the same time. Decided to forgo the 1UZFE swap into the 89Mkiii na. The Lexus engine runs so good I've decided to just rebuild the Lexus LS400 with a new rear clip. I just need the skins, glass, bumper, lid and tails.
My Blue 89 7mgte, waiting on a 7M crank and was going to decide weather or not to go with the 6m crank or the 7m crank.
My Red 89 Mkiii 7mGe...RUnning.
My Delimas are these.....

Blue 89 mkiii----> 2JZGE vs 7MGTE? should I just use the 7mGTE since all the machine work is done or just use the 2JZGE instead?
Should I use the 2JZGE to replace the 7MGE in my Red 89 mkiii na?<-----I like this option but Wifey is Pissed that I spent dog food money to get a 2JZge engine...and engine hoist, an engine stand, and a loader. all for less then $500. All I need is 5 cans of spam to get me to Payday!
What should I do with this NA 2JZ engine/ auto tranny?

Bruno Molly

Apr 29, 2009
NC
aznboik1mva;1548446 said:
well if nobody buys the 2 lexus i have for sale, id be glad to either sell it to you or maybe trade?

I actually have the Clip...I didn't mention it. What I meant to say was All i need are the Skins, Lid, Bumper, and rear glass from the clip i just got. You can tear up the world with a Fricken Saws All.

p1548499_1.jpg

p1548499_2.jpg

Bruno Molly

Apr 29, 2009
NC
I do have 3 cars that need to be sold:

1. 1978 Chevy Luv Stepside (original California Stepside bed) runs, project truck, have new parts
to go with it. Dash, Carb, Rockers, Carpet....all new.needs to finish body work and paint.

2. 1970 Chevy Impala 2dr. Runs, needs some metal work, rear pass 1/4 glass (little roll up window)
upholstery etc paint ....Project car.

3. 88 BMW 750iL. Black, Runs like Usane Bolt, v12 5.0L decent on gas. (Burns less than a Rodeo, Jeep Grand cherokee, Tahoe...but a little more than my 5 cyl volvo tubo) 745Li wheels 17", New rear seats, new subframe bushings (w/extra set)..

if you know of anyone who is looking for any of these let me know. I didn't list any prices or post any pics as this is just general convo, or mentioning. I want to clear out the old projects to make way for my 3 current, Specifically my Son's MKIII 7Mgte and the Red MKIII Na. I just spent 2 days removing and replacing a Tahoe Fuel Tank. Working on the ground Sucks.. I need a Lift put in my shop. Liquidating old projects should help get this lift Dream achieved!!

-= BM

I just don't have time to complete all these projects.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
So you're wondering if the 2jz-ge is a good option for the mkiii? I'd put this in the Other Engines subforum under the mkiii discussion forums for better results. I'm also interested in this, so can someone move it? Please? :)