2jzge swap into mkIII

Bernett

May 30, 2016
Leesburg, VA
I am swapping a 2jzge engine into my 1990 supra. Both engines were NA. I bought the power steering hig pressure hose from driftmotion and then saw that my 2jzge engine has a banjo bolt off the power steering pump and it has the two pronged vacuum switch. If I use the high pressure hose from driftmotion I won't have the pronged vacuum switch. Will that be a problem?

Thanks

Paul

Bernett

May 30, 2016
Leesburg, VA
I have the PPS system on my car. Will not having the idle up feature affect that system? It is a shame that driftmotion didn't come up with something that keeps that system operational.

Doing a swap you find out things that no one says like the 2jz block has different sized bolts that hold on the bell housing. I thought I could use my 7mge bolts since I'm using my W58 transmission. I also bought a clutch fork support bolt because of the new bell housing and found that my 7mge bolt is exactly the same. I'm sure I'll find out more things as I go.

Paul

Bernett

May 30, 2016
Leesburg, VA
Thanks. That is good to know. I'm not sure how I would have worked that vacuum switch into the line. Having the driftmotion line is much cleaner.