2jzge swap into 1990 Supra, Throttle connection

Bernett

May 30, 2016
Leesburg, VA
I'm not sure how to connect my existing 1990 Supra throttle cable to the 2jzge engine I have installed. If anyone can send a picture of how they have done it or provide a good description I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Bernett

May 30, 2016
Leesburg, VA
No. my existing throttle cable set up is totally different than the one on the 2jzge. The 2jzge engine uses a cable that comes from the passenger side and connects to the throttle body. My throttle cable used a cable and it converts to a mechanical connection to the throttle body. I have several options to make it work but I was wondering how others did it. I looked at pictures of SC300 engine compartments and their throttle cables connected to the throttle body but ran directly from the drivers side. My 2jzge throttle body connection has the cable coming from the passenger side. I'm thinking there may not be too many 2jzge swaps since I think most go with a 2jzgte.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If you used a jdm engine then yes the throttle cable would come from a passenger side.

Usually throttle cables are switched out for a Camry one or a mk4 tt one.

Just change out the cable for one of the above and then bolt up the cable.

Bernett

May 30, 2016
Leesburg, VA
I have another question. My JDM 2jzge throttle body has two locations for what I imagine is the throttle cable and the cruise control cable. One is closer to the throttle body and the other further out. Which one is for the throttle and which one for the cruise control. The outer wheel has a larger hole for a cable barrel end. The inner wheel has a must use a smaller cable barrel end.

Your help has been greatly appreciated.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The throttle cable has the larger hole and the the throttle cable will only be able to be installed in the larger hole...