2jzge cams in 2jzgte head?

robert.beltran91

Jan 30, 2012
El Paso Texas
Does anyone know if the 2jzge non vvti cams fit in a 2jzgte non vvti? found this forum on my question kinda.... http://forum.clubna-t.com/showthread.php?t=2499
This forum is talking about the vvti variation though... only reason why i'm asking is because there a billions of lexus 2jzge cars in my local junk yards and i could pick them up for like $50 and my 2jzgte does not have cams.
any and all info greatly appreciated

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Surprised you didn't find an answer on NA-T's forums... NA cams (at least 7m) have really low torque peaks, but really fall on their face with higher rpm. Not sure if this is the same on the JZ's though, sure someone on here can verify that though.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IBoughtASupra;1800247 said:
Can't use 2JZGE cams in a GTE. That cam won't have the pick up necessary for the Cam sensor on the side of the head?
I had completely forgotten about that, that's right...the JZGTE cams use a sensor that picks up cam revolutions where the GE engines use a distributor gear. Thanks for the correction Andy, I feel kinda forgetful sometimes. :)

hvyman;1800339 said:
Can find stock gte cams for much less than 800$
Yeah, but when is buying cams ever a bad idea?:evil2:

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
te72;1800560 said:
I had completely forgotten about that, that's right...the JZGTE cams use a sensor that picks up cam revolutions where the GE engines use a distributor gear. Thanks for the correction Andy, I feel kinda forgetful sometimes. :)

Remember now, I wrote the huge JZ thread, so I know a thing or two and I elaborated on everything and web corrected some info. :)

I wonder who stickied it, it was a sticky within a few minutes of posting it. Just did an update to it two days ago.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
IBoughtASupra;1800609 said:
Kai, read any blogs lately? ;)

...why? Your point being?

robert.beltran91;1802026 said:
ya man i know its not a honda lol, but if theres corners i could cut just a little bit it'd be nice haha

Never ever cut corners, not with these cars. They demand your full attention. Cheap out on anything, and it *will* bite you in the ass.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Kai;1802067 said:
Never ever cut corners, not with these cars. They demand your full attention. Cheap out on anything, and it *will* bite you in the ass.
I'll vouch for this. Do it right or you'll end up doing it again... Ask anyone who's blown a 7m, fixed it, then blown it again because they didn't take the time. :nono:

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
te72;1802070 said:
I'll vouch for this. Do it right or you'll end up doing it again... Ask anyone who's blown a 7m, fixed it, then blown it again because they didn't take the time. :nono:

It's precisely why my red one is still off the road - until i get an FPR for it, it's going NOWHERE. Not driving it on the stock regulator.