2jz upgrades?

Gladdy Aristo

Nov 2, 2012
Qld
Well I just got my new daily and she's a beast, I've always wanted and adored 2jz's but never had the chance to own one until now and so far I could honestly not be happier. Now my question is what mods/upgrades are most people doing to there 2jz to get 600hp+? As I said this car is kinda my daily (even tho I drive it like 2-3 times a week) so it can't be any non street legal mods like "JUST GET NOS AND BLOWER ON 30PSI BRUUU"

I don't intend on drag racing it anytime soon I just love the 2j and want to push it a bit and see if ican get a 600hp aristo...

Ill list wats currently been done...

Single turbo conversion
Master power t72 turbo
Stainless hi mount
60mm External waste gate
3inch exhaust
New microtech lt16 and 6x igniter box
Big inlet manifold
80mm throttle body
Sard rail and fuel reg
660cc Siemens injectors
5L surge tank with 2 external pumps
Walbro intank pump
Greedy front mount
Shift kitted auto 1.5 stage with 3000rpm stall
TRD 2way diff
Tein coilovers all round

Things I've already figure I'd have to do...
Upgrade turbo to either gt42r or t04z
1000cc injectors
Raised cams

Also has anyone here ever used a stroker kit from Titan on there 2j? I see it makes it a 3.5L now which would be insane especially with the getrag gearbox... But those r both $6000 a piece upgrades so ye maybe later haha 👍

Anywayzzzzzzzz
Reply away would love some knowledge on this!!!

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
if you have all that done already why are you not seeing 600+hp ? Seems to me you have all you need to get 6xxhp. Maybe alittle more injector.

Gladdy Aristo

Nov 2, 2012
Qld
In all honesty mate I've just bought the car, got told she had 350hp on 15psi so I'm pretty sure ill be falling short of 600? I know I should really get it on a dyno myself, I'm just impatient and want to know what things I should do before I chuck her back on the dyno to see some big numbers

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Should probably have posted this in our "Other Cars" section, so it might end up moved. Anyway, everything I'm seeing, you should have a decent setup to get to around what you're looking for. In an Aristo no less, that's pretty cool.

Also, where are you finding that Titan makes a 3.5L stroker, and for $6000 at that? Got a link?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Gladdy Aristo;1890215 said:
http://blog.titanmotorsports.com/?p=3951
That's the stroker kit... They also make huge cams for the 2jzgte...
Interesting, seems that they increased the stroke even further from the 3.4L stroker that we all know and love. Those pistons are gonna be SWINGING with a stroke that long, and they still say it's good for 9k maximum with proper cams and valvetrain? That's VERY impressive for such a long stroked engine. Makes me wonder just how far a 1j would rev with components of comparable quality. I figure the head would become a choke at that point though...