2jz swap

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
hey wanted to check with you guys to see if this is a good deal and what it would take to stuff it in my 90 mk3

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/pts/2887340037.html

Toyota Supra/Lexus IS300 engine swap package. Complete with auto trans - $1250 ( South Lewis Co.)

Date: 2012-03-12, 8:06PM PDT

NONTURBO 2JZ with automatic transmission
All electronics and wiring included.
This was a good running package when I pulled it.
Delivery is avalible, cash talks.
Thanks

NecroCyde

Lurk R
Apr 5, 2005
Calgary/Brooks, Alberta Canada
Dude, please search and look at the stickys, Iboughtasupra has spent a shitload of timing compiling the best info in quite sometime.

If your wanting a 2JZ, buy a GTE, that means turbo. Go and check it out, make sure it cranks, everything spins free, isnt black as coal on the inside and has compression. Check the comp numbers the day of. Check the wiring and hoses to see if somebody thought cutting it out of the engine bay was a good idea and isnt cracked and dented anywhere. Buy from somebody or a shop that is reputable. You can do a 2JZGE, turboed on 7m electronics as well as that engine in the US is pretty common at the wreckers, dont waste your time on a GE VVTI.
JZA70 1JZ's with rear sump can normally be found for cheaper then a Aristo 2JZ. Rear sump is very important because buying a new rear sump pan from even Driftmotion is over $500 dollars.

If they want your business, they will do what ever it takes to prove to you its a good engine and will give you some form of warranty. Protect your money AND time. Dont take their word without evidence. Research your choices well.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Thank you officer search... I would have searched but I didn't wanna miss a good deal if it was one... the rear sump thing was the kind of answer i was looking for.. I have no engine in my car after I detonated cylinder 1 an after every thing I need including machine work I am looking at over 1000 bucks so this would be the time to go 2j if I could do It for the same price .... if it was a screaming deal it could have Been gone by the time I searched ..... so thank u for answering my question....

How much should I expect to pay for a rebuilt 7m?? With low miles

Sent from my C771