2jz injectors in 1jz?????

got-sc?

Jan 29, 2010
tucson
ok guys i've searched like a mad man and can't get clear answers, just ones that contradict eachother. First off i have a 1jz single turbo sc300 and my friend told me that the 440cc JDM injectors go right in with ZERO modification, and that the 550cc USDM won't. when i looked this up i read like 10 different answers. So i want to get this clear, any of you guys with a 1jz that put 2jz injectors, were they direct fits with no mods, which ones did you use, and was just splicing the wires all that was needed????? Please help my tune is coming soon???????

Nippon-teku

Aug 9, 2009
Hollywood, FL
soapra;1520054 said:
USDM 2jzgte injectors fit on the rail, but the injector resistor from a MK4 is also needed. JDM 440cc injectors don't need the resistor and also drop right in to the 1jz rail.

Thats also true, or you can get the injector resistor from a 91-95 Acura legend V6 and wire it right in. JDM 1JZ & 2JZ are all High Impeedance (High Impeed) injectors and don't require a resistor pack. But the USDM 2JZ are low impeedance (Low impeed), and that's why a resistor pack is needed.

got-sc?

Jan 29, 2010
tucson
soapra;1520054 said:
USDM 2jzgte injectors fit on the rail, but the injector resistor from a MK4 is also needed. JDM 440cc injectors don't need the resistor and also drop right in to the 1jz rail.

do the clips go right in????

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Nippon-teku;1520090 said:
Thats also true, or you can get the injector resistor from a 91-95 Acura legend V6 and wire it right in. JDM 1JZ & 2JZ are all High Impeedance (High Impeed) injectors and don't require a resistor pack. But the USDM 2JZ are low impeedance (Low impeed), and that's why a resistor pack is needed.

didnt know that, ill look for one!!

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
got-sc?;1520217 said:
do the clips go right in????

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

didnt know that, ill look for one!!

no the clips for the low impedence injectors are different, but you can just file off the guide lines on the injectors and the clips go on.

and you dont need the mkiv or the acura legend one. the stock mkiii resistor pack works just fine. less wiring work