2015 supra

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
That photo has been floating around the web for years now.

I'll believe in a MKV Supra the day I drive it, and not a moment sooner.

Even if they do build it, it probably won't really be a Supra (e.g. it won't be one or more of the following: front engine rear wheel drive, inline six, turbocharged, suitable for mods by enthusiasts).

Nothing to see here, move along please..

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
On my top gear uk app there's a interesting article About the ft86. The two builders of it are supposibly in the works on the mkv. But they didn't specifically say that. I do hope they are the ones because they did a good job making the ft86. Even if they do build mkv probably be way out of most of are price ranges probably more towards gtr price range.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I went to look at a Scion FR-S at the local Toyota dealer. The salesman that went on the test drive with me said that Toyota is planning on making a new Supra with a hybrid V6 and 400hp. I would rather see Toyota leave the Supra name alone, and name it something different because it will never be like the original Supras.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Silver MK3;1911343 said:
I went to look at a Scion FR-S at the local Toyota dealer. The salesman that went on the test drive with me said that Toyota is planning on making a new Supra with a hybrid V6 and 400hp. I would rather see Toyota leave the Supra name alone, and name it something different because it will never be like the original Supras.

I'd seriously consider a new 400hp rwd plugin hybrid if the batteries were light and economical. Since I doubt either of those will happen soon, I'll keep the mk3.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Supracentral;1911207 said:
That photo has been floating around the web for years now.

I'll believe in a MKV Supra the day I drive it, and not a moment sooner.

Even if they do build it, it probably won't really be a Supra (e.g. it won't be one or more of the following: front engine rear wheel drive, inline six, turbocharged, suitable for mods by enthusiasts).

Nothing to see here, move along please..

I agree completely with this, although I read somewhere that a few of the designers were supra enthusiasts and wanted a rwd I6, but who the hell knows if it is true. Most likely not, which is why this is just another car and not a supra in my book.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Most recent and plausible rumor is that they are working with BMW for the power plant so it will probably be a I6 with turbo. My thing is Akio Toyoda said he wanted a Supra. Some sources claim they are working on a successor to the Supra. So will it be called Supra or something else? Not to mention what's it going to cost? My bets are on a price tag well over $100,000 going by how much the MK4 cost. I'm not worried I wouldn't be able to afford one right now as is.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
if they want people to actually buy them.... you know... it would be ideal to make it at least somewhat comparable to other high-end imports.... like I said, you never know... till you do

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
LunaVyohr;1911570 said:
Are you shitting me? Didn't the MKIV sell for 40-45k in 1998?

It would probably be priced between 65-85k.
They've always been comparably priced with the GT-R, the MkV if one is truly built will be no different.

I'm with Mike on this one though, I'll believe it when I can go see one in person, at the very least at an auto show... I was the same way with the FR-S back in 2010. Lot of hype, no concrete proof from Toyota.

89jdm7m;1911607 said:
if they want people to actually buy them.... you know... it would be ideal to make it at least somewhat comparable to other high-end imports.... like I said, you never know... till you do
What other high end imports have you been shopping for? Price out a perfomance BMW, Merc, Audi, Nissan GTR, etc... hell, even price out the domestics. Minimum you're looking at $80k for a 500hp entry.

mk3_4me

Apr 24, 2011
Sandy Eggo
AbsoluteSpeed;1911348 said:
So many rumors going around about this right now.
Look at this report and cry: http://www.automotto.com/wheel-drive-mk5-toyota-supra.html

I sincerely think they are working on something (maybe I'm just being overly optimistic though) but will just sit back and wait to see how it plays out.
Oh my dear God. That is the most hideous, grotesque, vile looking pile of slag I've seen in quite some time. If that is anything even remotely close to what the final MKV Supra will look like, I will never buy a Toyota again & will spread negative reviews about all of Toyota for future years to come. That prototype needs to be crushed & turned into a can of PBR.
LunaVyohr;1911570 said:
Are you shitting me? Didn't the MKIV sell for 40-45k in 1998?

It would probably be priced between 65-85k.
Shit.....MKIV Supras still sell for around 40k. Bone stock. But if the MKV is going to be AWD, hybrid, & an obvious competition attempt at the GTR, 65-85k doesn't sound too far off. Hell, aren't the new GTR's selling for close to 90k now?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
mk3_4me;1911850 said:
Hell, aren't the new GTR's selling for close to 90k now?
They'll breach 100k if you check enough boxes when ordering...