1st time at the track with new setup....

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Well finally got around to a drag strip. This was litterly the last event of the year in Iowa. I'm pretty impressed with the car. This was on what I think was 27psi. I'm having some discrepancy between my AEM and boost gauge. Giving the benefit of the doubt to my AEM on being correct. Car also has the timing pulled back a long ways for e85. My tuner and I didn't have an opportunity to readjust the timing or fuel map after my turbo swap. I adjusted the fuel map myself and made the timing safe until we can get on a dyno. Pretty happy with the way the car ran. Will be back with more boost and timing next year along with the spray.

I should have some videos following shortly.

need new tires

rubber slinger
Nov 10, 2005
Dayton,Ohio
car seems like its down on power. it should have a lot more mph if that was a clean run, but regardless auto cars make these cars a totally different animal.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
atmperformance;1970380 said:
wouldn't you run more advanced timing with e85 rather than pulling it?

In theory yes... When you don't have an opportunity to make it to a dyno ahead of time for dialing in the timing you typically want to error on the side of caution. Going to have the car completely tuned out before spring and ready to rock and roll. This was just to get a base line.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
need new tires;1970598 said:
car seems like its down on power. it should have a lot more mph if that was a clean run, but regardless auto cars make these cars a totally different animal.

I can definitely agree with this. I'm guessing the car makes between 525-550ish threw the auto. Excited to see how its going to do once the tune is complete at 32psi.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
I did confirm the car was on 27 psi with mechanical gauge. Planning on hitting the dyno soon. Should have somewhere between 5 and 7 degrees of timing left in it plus 5 more psi.