1st gear fine, 2,3,4,5,R,Neutral blocking.

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
Opened my R154 trans today with a toyota mech I know
weird thing:
1- All gears are BRAND FUCKING NEW (it's a 260 000Km virgin R154, never been rebuilt)
2- All syncro are in extremly good conditions
3- Almost all bearings were perfect, we had to hammer a few to open the trans, I'll change them
4- Thrust washer was all good

Before opening it, first gear was fine while: 2,3,4,5,R were blocking after 1/16 of a turn. But the weird thing is: last time I drove it, it was alright, then when I removed the driveshaft, those problems occured
when we opened it, everything was FINE, it shifted alright (but hard, normal when trying to push the fork manually). Forks were fine and not bent.

But I noticed that the fork sliding 1/2/R was eated up a bit on the side of the 2nd gear. So I tried to reproduce the position in which the fork could touch the 2nd gear and it was impossible, there is no way to reproduce that(they won't touch at all, even with the fork sliding all the way to the 2nd), WTF is going on here.
Trying to turn the trans over in neutral while holding the output shaft IS REALLY FUCKING HARD. Why is that? is there a bearing under the 1/2/r gear and 3/4 gear selector that is seizing up? (should I replace the two needle bearing?)
MT_050.gif

Thanks for future hints/advices