1JZGTE piston rings?

Panchira!

Cressida+1jz+GKT550= :)
Jan 3, 2008
black hole
anyone know any shop that sells stock piston rings? ive contacted many custon ring shops and they have nothing and or show no intrest to make them. i know about the 2jz rings, but ALAS THAY ARE DIFFERENT! the oil ring is about the only thing that works (except the #2 compression ring which is cut differently, has a step in it.) but could work. #1 comp ring on the 1jz is different than the 2jz. and also heard the 3sgte rings will work too, but im not going to drop any more money in rings so i need to know if this is 100% confirmed and not "i heard they do fit thing". any help would be great :) (in the process of talking with aaron @ driftmotion to get some made) some one sold me a bad engine:icon_evil:nono:

thanks

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Panchira!

Jan 3, 2008
black hole
forged pistons! hahaha im not droping 1800 on pistons in a street car! hahahahah. i would only do that if i had 0% chance finding rings ;) yep its a very short rod and kind of odd ring sizing! hahahah ill keep looking and keep yall updated :)

Panchira!

Jan 3, 2008
black hole
yep short rods! and odd ring sizing. about forged pistons who makes them and how much can i expect to get $ emptyed? thanks heres some more pics to amuse you :)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

gaehrings14

Mar 19, 2008
Miami
Try the 3sgte set, i've heard that those work. Check them out and see if they work. I know a customer asked for a set and he is using them on his 1jz.

bigboost7m

Apr 20, 2005
Center Line, MI
Dam! Does anyone know the rod ratio on a 1JZ? Very short rod, but the crankshaft stroke looks small as well. Good luck on finding a set of rings too by the way. If you're just going to use this for a street setup, I would contact Hastings Piston Rings, they can custom make any ring size from 1.8" to 11" in any ring width, style and tension. And they are reasonably priced as well. I have used them before in a bind, I was kinda skeptical seeing that they mainly deal with OEM aftermarket, but they actually sealed up quite well. I did a leak down test after 7,000mi and it was at 3-5%. Not bad for 18psi and a ton of abuse!!!

Hastings Piston Rings
325 N. Hanover St.
Hastings, MI 49058
(269)945-2491

www.hastingsmfg.com

Good Luck!!!

Panchira!

Jan 3, 2008
black hole
nothing fits no 2jz rings. im not sure about the mr2 3sgte (and im not trying some tihng that we "think" that fits) ones i had to go with the cp +.020 over forged slugs...my bores were excessivly tapered....