1jzgte oil pressure

geartech

Mar 11, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I'm trying to determine if I have a problem or not with my oil pressure.
I have good pressure when at idle. 20 psi but when the car is at 3k or more the pressure appears to go no higher than 40-50 psi. This is all on the in dash gauge. I will have to put my mechanical gauge on it to confirm these pressures.
I was just wondering if there are any common issues with the 1jz for this.
One other note there appears to be a piston skirt slap/rattle when cold. When the eng heats up for a min or so the noise goes away and there are no noises under load when warm.
I'll have to update the pressures that the mechanical gauge reads when I get it hooked up.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
That pressure sounds about right to me. Its been a while since ive driven my car but as I recall when its cold if I bring the RPM's up then I get like 70psi. But when its warm 40-45 seems to be the normal reading. Im on a mechanical autometer guage unlike yourself

geartech

Mar 11, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Checked it with a mechanical gauge. 45-50 warm is about the average.
I talked to a Toyota tech yesterday and that was the same thing he said the 2jzgte us is the same.
My next problem may be in the turbos. I need to double check but my boost level was about .5kpa/7 psi. any one know about what the boost level is with 1 turbo out/or going out.