1jzgte cutting out bad

zac101191

Jan 22, 2014
wheelig
So I have a 1jzgte in a mk3. I have single swapped it with a 6262 fmic 3inch from turbo back apexi neo walbor 255 with 12v mod. and it ran great with 370cc injectors but before I turned boost up I wanted to put larger injectors in it so I put 630cc injectors in it. I know its hard to tune those injectors with that controller but Its leaning out real bad in boost and when I add more correction to the controller it just cuts out as soon as I hit boost plugs gapped to .22 brand new super spark coil packs checked ecu the whole nine. So where im going with this is I dont wanna spend money on a standalone ecu if just a tune isnt going to fix it. I need some input so I can be sure it just needs tuned. Just dont understand how it can run great with just 370s and then I put 630s in and it cuts out.

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
zac101191;2021585 said:
So I have a 1jzgte in a mk3. I have single swapped it with a 6262 fmic 3inch from turbo back apexi neo walbor 255 with 12v mod. and it ran great with 370cc injectors but before I turned boost up I wanted to put larger injectors in it so I put 630cc injectors in it. I know its hard to tune those injectors with that controller but Its leaning out real bad in boost and when I add more correction to the controller it just cuts out as soon as I hit boost plugs gapped to .22 brand new super spark coil packs checked ecu the whole nine. So where im going with this is I dont wanna spend money on a standalone ecu if just a tune isnt going to fix it. I need some input so I can be sure it just needs tuned. Just dont understand how it can run great with just 370s and then I put 630s in and it cuts out.

I think the normal Is .28 for gapping.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Injectors are too big for the Ecu to handle most likely.

That and the neo could be the problem. Those have been known to have issues and apexi will fix them.

zac101191

Jan 22, 2014
wheelig
the gap is for higher boost and i had them in before with the neo with no issues I know the neo isnt the problem. you think it would run to rich under boost not lean out

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Assuming your on the stock 1j ecu, you should not go higher than 550 injectors. It's well documented on this. You should try Aristo 440's first.
Do you have an afr guage and fuel afpr?
Your ecu might also be over correcting timing causing it to go lean because of the neo. It is only a fuel manipulator and doesn't control timing.

zac101191

Jan 22, 2014
wheelig
I took em out and put the stock ones In and it runs perfect not lean at all. Yeah I have a a/f gauge I'm running 14psi right now and it isn't leaning out at all its 11.4-11.2 all day. When cruising its 14-15. Now the problem is my fuel pump will randomly not kick on its a walboro 255 no 12v mod I can hook it up but don't really have the need to. I can't figure it out I thinks its because of a loose ground somewhere or the pump is getting to hot? Is that possible?

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
My walbro had a lean spot when it went from 9 to 12v below 3000 rpm so I did the 12v mod to fix it. I had read somewhere that the wallbro doesn't work well at 9v. I am now running a mkiv pump.

zac101191

Jan 22, 2014
wheelig
it just seems like its heating up on me. I think I just ran the tank to low and it got hot and shut off till it cooled down. If it stays about a quarter tank it wont do it so thats what im going with. I know they dont recommend you run the tank that low but never had this issue with anything else, I don't know...

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Maybe the pick up isn't sitting on the bottom of the tank. You might be able to get a better idea by removing the sending unit to get a look at it so you don't have to remove the tank.