1jz question

zoonwen

1JZ Supra
Apr 27, 2005
Denton, TX
trdmk3supra said:
Yo peeps wuz up thanks for the info I am also planning on doing the 1JZGTE swap into mi 86.5 the info is helpful :arcadefre

You'll need a 89+ crossmember, or custom engine brackets

sirkus

May 12, 2005
Cartersville, Ga
itsholdingon.tk
How much does it typically run if you want to do a full swap to an 88? Transmission and all? And are they actually reliable to drive as a daily if you don't mod the piss out of them? If i were to stick a stock 1jz into my 88.. could I drive it without worrying that something is going to go wrong?

zoonwen

1JZ Supra
Apr 27, 2005
Denton, TX
The only problems with the 1JZ is that my wheels keep spinnin threw the first 3 gears !!! :biglaugh: This engine is very reliable, it is a short stroke engine which the new supra 2JZ was based off of. You hardly hear of any problems unlike the 7M motors. The 1JZ even comes with a stock metal head gasket =) Strong and very smooth engine with a 7200 redline !

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
if your buying a clip the price at first is more,but in the long run it will be easier and less headaches.all clips come with trans,so you get a spare(unless auto to stick).if you buy just a motor,make sure it is a company thet knows what you need.you need to make sure they send ignitor and map sensor and don't cut the harness(ask for pics and post them).i paid $2495 for my jarco clip(shipping is tuff thougth).i've seen motor sets with intercoolers also,so shop around.here's a couple of pics for ya.keith
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

everything you need is right there plus extras
p36256_1.jpg

oh,the end result :icon_bigg

May 31, 2005
Omaha
Kieth, is that one of those ebay stickers on the valve cover that you put on? I was thinking of snagging one myself so after I polish, I have a replacement decal.

TREV

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
ya trev,thats where i got them.they send you 2 of them.i should of kept the other for a spare,but used it on the rear molding. i ended up taking it off to put the real turbo r emblems.you can pick your own color combo too.