1jz misfire, no idle help. Messed up tune?

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
Alright guys I just got a 1jz single turbo, everything has been great but today i tried to drive it and misfiring like crazy no power and without throttle applied it wouldn't keep idle. I'm a newborn in the 1jz world and i would greatly appreciate any kind of help. I hooked up my laptop for a few seconds then i unhooked it up. I think i could have fucked the tune up. Any way to tell or anything to look for?

not sure what else to include, so if i don't touch on something just ask and ill answer with the best answer i can give

Mods:
1jz
T61
550cc injectors
Stinger EMS

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
He is running the Stinger EMS so the ISCV is not even connected. This might be a dumb thing but check all your vacuum lines. I once had the vacuum line that goes to the Stinger come off and it made it drive terrible lol.

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
Ill check, i believe its the tune. When i came home after a drive it ran great. Then a few hours later i hooked my laptop for a few seconds then unplugged it. At that time it didn't have any stinger software on it. The car was tuned using XP and my laptop has windows 7. Therefore i believe something went wrong in the tune, but it beats me.

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Well install the software and check the tune. Technically nothing should have happened. You have to physically "read" from the ecu to even read the tune. Or you have to "write" to the ecu to add a tune. So I really do not see how you could have just messed up the tune but sometimes electronics go that way. My advice is do not drive the car until you get this sorted or you will be asking where can I get a new 1JZ longblock thread.

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
I pulled the tune that was on the ecu and compared it with the base tune that comes with the software. Its a lot different, but since the car has been tuned I wouldn't know if it's really messed up until i get the tune from were it was dyno'd.