1jz help

h20dies

Jun 12, 2013
Illinois
So i just got a 1jz, supposedly had bhg. I can see it was blown. Basically my question in this thread is what do i do to ensure this engine reliable machining wise.. This is a used engine that was used for drifting. So i am asking ally ou gurus what would you do if it was your engine..? Rings? Hone? Decked and resurfaced? If the pistons and rods look okay that is.. Goal is 400whp reliable. I don't want to go forged if not needed for that is very expensive. Also i am missing alot of bolts for the engine. Whats a good website or place to buy bolts? Is there a bolt set for the engine? Another thing its an auto soarer 1jz ecu can that be used in my 7m? Or can i use my 7mgte harness? Again eould you go standalone or is it possible..

h20dies

Jun 12, 2013
Illinois
So As i was dissembling the engine, i was pushing out the pistons and my friend who i thought was putting them in an organized order was not.. Not I gave NO idea which piston/rod goes where and honestly caps also.. So what are my options to get them where they belong?

steve_mk3

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
middletown, NJ
Take it to a reputable machine shop and have the bottom end fully rebuild - That way they would measure the rod ends and the bearing sizes and determine what needs to be done - machining and bearing size wise.