1JZ-GTE MA70 / Auto TPS

Anicrow

Jul 25, 2007
Colorado
Hey Fam, I'm sorry if I'm missing the information I'm trying to find, but I've been stuck with this for a while and can't afford to finish my manual swap at the moment.

Non-VVTI 1JZ/Tranny swapped. Starts and idles, drives at idle, does not read the throttle at all. I know I tried replacing the 1JZ TPS with a 2JZ in the past. Not sure if I should switch up the wiring, or check the connection or pull off the whole throttle body and try to diagnose it. I have a part harness around, but it's pretty ugly. Would just like to get it moving a little more under it's own power for now.

Trying to figure out the best way to diagnose, the car will rev if I manually open the throttle.
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2mo2oa8>&s=9#.WKjUVW8rKUk video of idle

16810678_10154370726796547_262092727_o.jpg

Links/Shit talking/Helpful advice all appreciated.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
pic of throttle cable on throttle body.

if it revs if you open the throttle by hand at the throttle body but it doesnt with the pedal then your problem is between the pedal and and throttle body however you hooked it up. not with the tps. tps just reads position, doesnt open the throttle

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
they usually all have a little slack. but you should be able to press the pedal to the floor and get full wot.