1JZ-GTE Engine Code Diagnostic

motorider9911

May 23, 2014
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Hello fellow gear heads.

I have a 1988 toyota supra mk3 with a second generation 1jz-gte from a chaser or soarer. I did the swap over the summer and since I have had the swap running I've had a check engine light on. the first code was for the MAP/MAF sensor code 31 i believe. Finally got around to replacing it about a week or two ago. The check engine light did not go away. Just today I found some time to check to see if the same code was there or not. Thankfully the MAP code was not there. However the codes I do have is 12,22,78. Which is ignition signal, water temp, fuel pump respectively. The fuel pump is a walbro 255, I have a brand new igniter replaced to get swap running. and an automatic fan controller kit.

Currently the car will have a rough time starting SOMETIMES when sitting for long periods of time. when it does finally fire it will misfire for a bit and have an engine speed of around 750 or less. the Vacuum reading will about around 10 in/Hg as well.

I'm not exactly sure where to begin diagnostics on this, any input would be much appreciated, or if anyone has seen this before.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Check the ecu for leaking caps.

Then check the temp sensor.

For fuel pump the soarer and chasers use fuel pump ecu's so ignore that one.

12 is prolly crank sensor.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Possible.

Sure the caps are not leaking? Can bve hard to tell. They will look rounded and have a very clear goo coming from bottom ever so slightly.