1jz going big single

JStoked

Jun 27, 2010
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
So now the plans have changed. I am not going with the greedy td06 turbo any more. I have a Garret gt45 that im going to go with now. But my main question is what do i do with all the coolant lines? I do know from my previous encounters with the 7m that i will need to recirculate them and not just block them off. Just wondering which ones go were? Pics would be great.

Next question is with a turbo this size on a stock ecu i figure about 9psi is about all i am going to be able to boost. So do i get a waste gate that has a 9psi spring? Also what size waste gate should i get? I will admit when i comes to turbo sizes, external waste gates, and adjustable springs i am kinda lost.

any help is very much appreciated:icon_bigg

Thank you very much JEREMY

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
A gt45 is really large and going to be really laggy for a one j. A 61-67mm is more fitting for it.

Coolant lines can just be blocked off.

Dunno of you will even get 9 psi before you hit fc. With a turbo that large your going to need a standalone to be anywhere near useful enough for it. Also be a good idea to have a qsv setup.

44-50mm wastegate. More so the larger ones or 2smaller ones.

JStoked

Jun 27, 2010
Thank you hvy for that info.The only reason im going with that turbo is because its what i have. This is my dd and i need it up and going. I have 550 injectors to go in it also. I just need it to get from a to b for a few months till i can get my ms3 stand alone.

JStoked

Jun 27, 2010
Ok figured out all the coolant and vac lines except one. What do i do with the isc valve vac line??? Im pretty stuck on this one. All the pics i can find don't really show it. So any help would be awesome.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
JStoked;1813201 said:
Ok figured out all the coolant and vac lines except one. What do i do with the isc valve vac line??? Im pretty stuck on this one. All the pics i can find don't really show it. So any help would be awesome.

Recirc it into inlet of turbo. Or block off the isc all together and crack throttle body.