1JZ-GE Neutralizer Switch

kcollymore

Jul 23, 2011
Trinidad
Hi guys am new to this site, am running a 1JZ-GE motor, i was getting sum probs starting one minute the car would start the next minute it wont, the guy that was workin on the problem said that the neutralizer switch is bad, what he did as a temporary fix was to bridge it so now am starting in any gear which is a kinda risk for anyone else driving the car, so am looking for a 340 Neutralizer Switch which is located on the tranny can anyone help me? Thanks.

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Car won't stay running if it's started in gear, it'll lurch forward (or backward if left in reverse) a bit, get hung up (if you were smart enough to use the parking brake), and stall out. I've just developed the habit of making sure the car isn't in gear when I start it, as I did the same thing your mechanic did. Not 100% sure how you'd go about making a neutralizer switch, could just be a switch wired into that jumper that's on there for all I know... Hopefully someone can chime in and help out.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
That's the switch in the tranny right??? On one of my trucks I usedto have I wired in a hidden temporary push button switch in as a security feature in place of the stock one

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk