1JZ first run after installation

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Dyno First run HP.jpgDyno First run Boost.jpgDyno Second run Neo HP.jpgDyno Second run Neo Boost.jpg
Had some issues with this motor after install.
Mods are 3 inch exhaust and 440's. I had 370's in there but still had the same problems where AFR's would go straight to 10 during full throttle within a few hundred RPM.
Motor is fully stock with stock twins. I think the 3 inch exhaust really threw off the fuel because of their fast spool with the 3" exhaust. The acceleration was really bogged down and surged a little both 370 and 440 injectors.

The first run at 13 psi the HP was 218 estimated at the flywheel.
After tuning with a used Apexi AFC Neo SAFC2 the car runs great and has 284 est at the flywheel.
This dyno run was done by the mechanic, I wasn't there. When he told me over the phone the results I was really excited and after I saw the sheets I was WTF!
After reading online about this type of dyno, they have a shootout mode which takes the WHP and uses a formula to come up with flywheel HP (est) from WHP. I really don't see how accurate this type of dyno is as everyones drive line is slightly different so it looks like I will have to check it on a dynojet and get HP and Torque, then save for a single setup.