1JZ AEM V2 No spark + timing light issues

mensrea

Sep 6, 2009
Schofield Barracks, HI
Ok, I had SAFC 2 on my 1J, I took it off, and re-spliced all the wires back together. Not sure if I did it right (was running on 2 hours of sleep). The wires on the extension are not the same color as they supposed to be, so it's kinda hard to check.
Anyway, I got a base map for AEM, pretty sure my timing is way off. I tried starting it for a little while, and it seems that I am not getting a spark.
I checked the wire in the coil method and was unable to see any spark, checked the coil with spark plug as well, same thing.
It's kicking back, but not giving me any spark.
What kinda things should I be looking for as far as wiring. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's got that issue after removing SAFC 2.

Also, as far as timing light, I need to bridge e1 and te1, but where do I connect the inductive clamp ? the green wire on the igniter ?

clutch

Jan 13, 2011
Bettingen, Germany
First thing is to take the time and look over all your splicing that you did and make sure it is correct!

You said it yourself (was running on 2 hours of sleep)!!!!!

If all you did was remove the SAFC and you are not getting the spark then you need to
a. get some rest
b. drink a red bull
c. recheck all your wiring and be certain that you rewired it all back up properly!

If still not working then it can be moved on from there.

mensrea

Sep 6, 2009
Schofield Barracks, HI
Check the wiring, and fixed a couple of wires that were messed up.
Still no spark. The whole wiring harness is a fu****g mess.
I'm thinking that my base map could be bad.

Note to self: never buy swaps done by other people.

customs

Dec 29, 2008
Edmonton Ab
If the harness is a "fu*****" mess I highly recommend that you go through all of the harness and ensure that everything is done properly. You could go off on a wild goose chase looking for a problem and never find it. Start from the beginning and make sure you have a good harness.

mensrea

Sep 6, 2009
Schofield Barracks, HI
I got a "new" harness that seems to be in a pretty good condition, gonna try to put it in this weekend, and than connect DLI and everything else. Hope that fixes my issue. Still need a basemap for AEM 2 thu.

mensrea

Sep 6, 2009
Schofield Barracks, HI
Got a new harness in, and now waiting on stock 1jz base map.
Question, I have high imp 550s, and aem 3.5 Bar map.
Can I just set those in Wizard, and start the vehicle, or will I have to change the whole map ?
The closest ones I can find in there are RC Engineering 550cc (52lb) 13ohm, will they work ?