Stock 1jz
stock cams
8 blade Holset wh1c
custom ITB intake
Megasquirt 3
e47.5 (50% 93 50% e85)
835cc injectors
Twin Bosch pumps

This was 20psi peak boost. it was falling off because I dont have a boost controller. to up the boost we added vacuum tee's to the vacuum line gong to the wastegate. I paid $150 for this turbo from Craigslist. The Stock 1jz intake seems to the the reason power falls on its face on these motors. I plan on adding 2jz cams, a boost controller and running pure e85. then see if I can up the boost to about 28psi

The intake was a custom piece made locally, the revs are insane! I expect hp and tq to be even closer when I up the boost. definatly over 500 foot lbs.

Ive been through precision, garrett GT, Borg Warner, Turbonetics and these Holsets are by far my favorite. you can see more on my ITB setup in my old build thread.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...cooler-Individual-throttle-body-6-speed-setup

Last edited:

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Silly question, but wouldn't you want the oil feed line to be at 12:00 as opposed to "almost" 1:00? Im not heavy on turbo knowledge (self-edumacation occurring over a long period of time.. lol), but everytime I see that, I wonder.

Nice numbers btw. You Americans with your high octane pump gas.. :)

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Damn impressive for a "junkyard" turbo at 20psi. And for $150!? Did you have it freshened up, or ran it just as you received it? I wish I had it in me to get one and fab up the bits and pieces to make it fit/work. I just got a turbo that I could plop in and bolt up everything as the old one. It's the laziness in me cause I know I could do the fabbing if I wanted to. Not pretty, but functional

Boostage

Oct 4, 2006
Florida
Grandavi;1975802 said:
Silly question, but wouldn't you want the oil feed line to be at 12:00 as opposed to "almost" 1:00? Im not heavy on turbo knowledge (self-edumacation occurring over a long period of time.. lol), but everytime I see that, I wonder.

Nice numbers btw. You Americans with your high octane pump gas.. :)
the oil feed is pressurized, not gravity fed. As long as the return has enough angle for gravity to return to the pan, the feed is fine in any position.

scottiedawg66;1975801 said:
Those are impressive numbers for stock cams at 20 psi! How much timing was in it?

To be honest Im not sure, what I can tell you is that its not much diffrent than the timing you run on pure 93 octane, tuner said he was adding timing and it didnt like it, so either I had low quality fuel, or e47.5 is just not that good of a fuel. this is why Im just going to cut the BS and just run pure e85.

Suprapowaz!(2);1975810 said:
Damn impressive for a "junkyard" turbo at 20psi. And for $150!? Did you have it freshened up, or ran it just as you received it? I wish I had it in me to get one and fab up the bits and pieces to make it fit/work. I just got a turbo that I could plop in and bolt up everything as the old one. It's the laziness in me cause I know I could do the fabbing if I wanted to. Not pretty, but functional

Didnt refresh at all, only thing done was put on a garrett .63 t3 housing. this isnt a bolt on afair, it has to be machined to fit. I had it done by miketurbo in miami. I picked up a 7 blade hx35. Im going to have them put on a .84 on it

T3rril79;1975811 said:
Those are some really nice numbers. Where did the rpms peak? 72-7300?

7300. I have stock springs and retainers, so Didnt want to go higher, I think with stock 2j cams, springs and retainers, I should be able to go to 8k without power falling off. because of this intake. stock cams are AWESOME.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
Don't take this the wrong way, I think that's some great numbers, and amazing for a junkyard turbo.

You are being fooled though because, that turbo is pretty damn big. It's not fully getting to power until near 5000. So and I would imagine that 20 PSI is not near it's CFM threshold on this motor. So i bet that's why he's not seeing drastic drops in power, or toruqe (but there is a drop) I'm sure if he had higher flowing cams he would have posted a dyno over 500 (like I did when I was testing the cams way back when) and he would gain lots of tq that is falling off (looks like over 100 FTLB)

In your case I would expect similar gains that I had when I had my k26's. I would expect 40-60 HP on top of the curve and 100 FT returned in late RPM tq.

Turbo spool looks very similar to a 67MM with cams on my 2jz.