1jz/2jz motor mount problems

2tonebb6

Jul 22, 2009
nj
i just ordered a set of 89-92 1jz/2jz mount brackets off of ebay. when i got them i noticed that they looked strikingly similar to the BIC pre 89 style mounts. i contacted the seller and told him he sold me the wrong year brackets and his response was that he only makes brackets for 89+ supras. I'm kind of skeptical about these being the wrong dimensions for 89. when i put the rubber mounts on the bracket the metal nipple on the bottom ends up on the wrong side of the sub-frame. does any one have experience with these mounts? ill post pics of the mounts when i get home from school, but heres a link fo rthe set that i bought. thanks
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1JZ-...m7QQcategoryZ46098QQihZ018QQitemZ280385518727

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
iirc the 89-92 supra don't need new brackets. they have th round motor mounts, yes? why did you buy these brackets?

2tonebb6

Jul 22, 2009
nj
i tossed the brackets that came off of my 7m so i needed them. i was under the impression that you still needed brackets even if you have an 89+.

1jzMoe

Supramania Contributor
Apr 2, 2005
Vilseck, Germany, Germany
I would say you are correct, those do look like pre 89 motor mount brackets. If you go to the bic website you will see a comparison between the two. To swap a jz motor into a mk3 you will need those brackets (unless it came from a JZA70 supra) because you cant use the ones that were on your 7m, or that came with the JZ motor because they are different.

2tonebb6

Jul 22, 2009
nj
yea thats what i thought. so basically the guy that sold these to me has no clue about the product he's selling. these mount are made per order and he said they are 89+.ugh some people....

2tonebb6

Jul 22, 2009
nj
ok well i took some picture so i can get a 100% definate answer that these are the wrong brackets. the guy swears that these are the correct ones and im just an idiot who doesnt know how to install them. so im hoping you guys can prove him right so i dont have to deal with a paypal claim. The measurements are a bit hard to see in the pics but they are 6 inches long from the weld on the actual plated that bolts to the motor, down to the piece were the rubber mounts bolt on. hopefully some pre 88 swap guys can chime in here.
p4010025.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

sorry for all of the thumbnails,im not sure how to upload the actual image and i wanted to give you guys the best idea of just what these brackets look like

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Damn sucks you got those from him. I buy from this company on ebay. They're awesome people, and along with that the mounts are perfect! I have bought from them twice now. NO ISSUES. Actually the 1JZ swapped car I did is at my house right now. I am putting a new oil pan on since his is a little bad from shipping.

here's the company I trust, twice now.. They make 89+ and pre '89.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUPR...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

2tonebb6

Jul 22, 2009
nj
Yea I just saw those ones on ebay, but I wasn't sure about them because their picture only shows the back side of the brackets.Once I get my money back I'm definitely ordering them.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Thats what you get for buying knock off's.... lol, the lower plates are even installed backwards, the notch should be facing the opposite way, and they arent even coated or painted.

If you get a 1jz from a JZA70 and you have an 89+ (with round mounts) you can use the brackets that came with the 1jz, if not you need to get the swap brackets.

I HATE SEEING THE PROBELMS YOU GUYS HAVE TO DEAL WITH WITH KNOCK OFFS OF BIC PARTS...SO FOR THE REST OF YOU, BIC Performance will match that price of $99 for the 89+ brackets, plus shipping, send me a PM or email to get this deal.

2tonebb6

Jul 22, 2009
nj
Well the ebay seller finally tested his product( no clue why it wasn't test prior to sale) and came to the conclusion that they were for a pre 89. So I got my refund and will definitely be going with the genuine BIC Mounts ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

supramark388

Jul 2, 2009
greer
1jzMoe;1542371 said:
I would say you are correct, those do look like pre 89 motor mount brackets. If you go to the bic website you will see a comparison between the two. To swap a jz motor into a mk3 you will need those brackets (unless it came from a JZA70 supra) because you cant use the ones that were on your 7m, or that came with the JZ motor because they are different.

Yes 1jzMoe is right.....
look at this....straight from bicperformance website....http://bicperformance.com/images/BIC89_compare1.JPG

1jzMoe

Supramania Contributor
Apr 2, 2005
Vilseck, Germany, Germany
2tonebb6;1544967 said:
Well the ebay seller finally tested his product( no clue why it wasn't test prior to sale) and came to the conclusion that they were for a pre 89. So I got my refund and will definitely be going with the genuine BIC Mounts ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thats why you should be buying from and supporting the community vendors. They generally know what they are doing, and and have tested and checked their products to make sure it works.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
becauseican;1544833 said:
Thats what you get for buying knock off's.... lol, the lower plates are even installed backwards, the notch should be facing the opposite way, and they arent even coated or painted.

If you get a 1jz from a JZA70 and you have an 89+ (with round mounts) you can use the brackets that came with the 1jz, if not you need to get the swap brackets.

I HATE SEEING THE PROBELMS YOU GUYS HAVE TO DEAL WITH WITH KNOCK OFFS OF BIC PARTS...SO FOR THE REST OF YOU, BIC Performance will match that price of $99 for the 89+ brackets, plus shipping, send me a PM or email to get this deal.

Cool I'm looking at picking up a 87 that i want to swap my 1j out of my 90. But I won't know for sure for a couple of weeks. How long does the offer last?