1jz-->2jz ecu's, now runs like shit.....

di_rosa

never ending project ...
Apr 2, 2005
toronto
well, i'm going to have another go at it tomorrow, but for now, i just wanted to ask a couple of questions.

1. WTF is E11? all i can find is E11 is ECM ground. same name as E1, ECM ground. it APPEARS as though E11 was bridged to E1 in the harness, but i'm not 100% sure. did you know that in the 5 wiring diagrams i've looked at for the 2jz-gte (US), 2jz-gte (JAP), and the 2jz-ge, i cannot find a single trace of it on the diagram. only that it is labeled e11 at the beginning, and that's it. no pin 4 anywhere. i don't think that's my problem, but i thought i'd ask.

2. i'm throwing code 41, tps, even when the tps is unplugged. with the tps plugged in, my avc-r and emu both read the correct throttle % when i depress the gas pedal. so obviously the tps itself is good. and i have verified the ground idl2/e2 is good. with the tps unplugged, my avc-r reads 28% open?

i'm leaning towards the ecu as it looks pretty beat up, and my car ran perfect before on the 1jz ecu, and nothing changed except the ecu connectors, so i'm going to verify continuity with all the ignition coils, injectors, cam sensors and crank sensors, then when that checks out and i swap ecu's and it works, i'm going to kill the guy who gave me this ecu.

so my main questions is wtf is E11 pin4.

Last edited:

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
for the code 41. check and see if the jumper harness has the sub-tps wired into the regular tps. just a possibility since you arent throwing a code 47

di_rosa

never ending project ...
Apr 2, 2005
toronto
sub tps is wired in. would that affect it? should i isolate the regular tps wiring from the sub tps wiring?

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
sub-tps is the traction control systems tps. if you have that wired in but no main tps wired, that will cause your problem, and youll most likely run like a rancid pile of poo

di_rosa

never ending project ...
Apr 2, 2005
toronto
no, the main tps is wired in, just two of the wires are connected to the sub tps, as per the 1jz. i disconnected those, but it still runs like crap. i've verified continuity with the ignition signals (igt1-6) and the injector signals (#10-#60). i figured out the problem though. the #1 injector is shorted, like 1 ohm short. so whenever the ecu would send the injector signal (ground) to the injector, it would interfere with the 12v's (b-o wire) which feeds the ignition coil and fuel injector circuits. soooooooooooooo, i replaced that, and bingo. running like a champ! ah, so nice to hear a smooth idle..............odly enough, the tps code is gone too? i shorted e1 & te1, and she flashes constantly for no codes :D

thanks for the input everyone.

EDIT: i meant injector clip!

Last edited: