1991 stock system question

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I don't see any amp under the passenger seat carpet. The wiring diagram shows the harness right there. I don't see the harness either. I looked in the slit in the carpet next to the rear air duct. Could it have come without the amp? The original owner bought this car loaded. Shadow gray leather, auto, sport roof, turbo, TEMS, everything that weighs extra, they got it. It is an aftermarket radio that I am going to get rid of for an Alpine.

But I need to know where that harness is hiding. Because even if it didn't have the amp, it has to have the harness plugs.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
The 90+ Stereos amp and harness just kinda pulls out once you remove the seat.

It sub harness that plugs into the 2 "toyota" plugs on the car, then comes back up with a single plug for an amplified head unit.

It's commonly removed once going aftermarket.

Do you have the 91-92 Sub, and Advanced Alarm System? By Chance.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
There is an aftermarket harness still in the car I have seen while inspecting. But the system was taken out, save the crummy Pioneer raido. I don't know what the 91-92 sub system is. I don't have the advanced alarm system, or the add on remote door lock fob, if that is the same thing. I will unbolt the seat from the track and look.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Go ahead. There isn't a harness under the seat or carpet. I can't think of a reason why somebody would cut it under console on the main loom.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
If the car didn't have the CD player, it wouldn't have had an amp under the seat. Even if it did when it was new though, the harness is separate from everything else, so pulling it out is quite easy. At this point, with an aftermarket stereo and no harness, it's impossible to tell what the car had originally.

Jeff