1990 white package buildup

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
not sure if i ever started a build thread, but here's a recap.....
i picked up the car in october 2010, not running but very cheap. $600. yay
it's a florida car and had only 104,000 miles on it. i was told that the motor was rebuilt and it had a 5 speed swap. the car was totally rust free and came with a bunch of new parts...... new rack, drilled/slotted rotors, driftmotion ps line, etc...
i pulled it out of the garage in the spring and threw the i/c pipes back on and did some wiring and it started right up..... i planned to flip it but once i cleaned it up i had to keep it.
i drove it around for the first year the way it was, just putting some 04 cobra wheels on it.
the next spring i started collecting parts, mostly maintenance stuff and not fun stuff....
here's what i have done to this point......
i started with small stuff.... new hatch seal and bushings. resealed the front windshield, new brake light seals. then came the fun stuff.

h&r race springs, new kyb's and all new mounts, bushings etc...
new front calipers, and braided dm lines.
bic ddp, full 3" exh and an apexi n1 muffler
cusco rear strut bar, new pioneer cd player, new speakers.
boost gauge mounted in the cig lighter spot, greddy tt, greddy profec b boost controller
lex afm, new k&n filter, fic 600 cc injectors.
solid motor mounts, braided clutch line, new bushings for the stock shifter. oh yeah, and a white ball shift knob.
arp head studs, flywheel bolts and an aasco flywheel
stm catch can, and lots of stainless bolts in the engine bay
for now it has 18" adr m-classic wheels on it.
btw, the car had some engine noise from day one. it finally expired last month. i'm pretty sure it was rod knock that turned into what sounded like 6 rods knocking. i drove the car hard every day, and it took 3 years for it to die. at this point i grabbed another complete motor. unfortunately, i had to put a crank in it and all new lower end bearings. while the motor was out, i took the time to polish up all the aluminum stuff i could fine. lol
enough words, on to the pics. enjoy......

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1005121_10151495892092358_289441214_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/246936_10151495983492358_1005933490_n.jpg