13.323 @ 107.78 mph + Fastest AutoX - a new contender has arrived at Suprafest!

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
13.323 @ 107.78 mph + Fastest AutoX at Suprafest 06

Hey guys, this was my first time ever racing at the drags and autoX and I am very pleased with my results. I picked up my car earlier this year and the previous owner did a very good job building it. He told me it dynoed at 372rwhp although after a cold air under-headlight intake and the Bi-Tron oil and fuel products I managed to pull a 393rwhp on the dyno at Suprafest even with a boost leak limiting me to 17 psi. After I found the boost leak (a vac line) I was boosting to 20 psi for all the races so I'm pretty sure I'm in the 400+ rwhp arena now.

After my first run at 14 seconds I thought I'd be stuck there but for my second run I tried holding 4th gear to into redline instead of shifting into 5th and it seemed to make the difference. With a miracle hole shot zero reaction time this run would have been a 12.6, so high 12's are a real possibility for this car. I was running pirelli street tires and a 4.10 torsen diff. Decent traction! Now BTZ has some competition in the PacNW :)

timeslip1.jpg

autoxtrophy.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Great job Texdus. I would like to see what I would run in a 1/4. Our times are really similar. Here are mine. Do you think I would be around high 12's? I'm not trying to hijack. I just don't have a 1/4 mile track close by...............lol

r/t.....................320
60'...................2.160
1/8...................8.743
mph..................87.11

Again, good job on the tropyh. All we ever get to run here is Midnight Madness. It's really just a test and tune. There's more Mustang GT's and crotch rockets than anything.................lol

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
suprahero said:
Great job Texdus. I would like to see what I would run in a 1/4. Our times are really similar. Here are mine. Do you think I would be around high 12's? I'm not trying to hijack. I just don't have a 1/4 mile track close by...............lol

r/t.....................320
60'...................2.160
1/8...................8.743
mph..................87.11

Again, good job on the tropyh. All we ever get to run here is Midnight Madness. It's really just a test and tune. There's more Mustang GT's and crotch rockets than anything.................lol

it's impossible to say what you'd run the 1/4. typically you'll pick up a lot of time in the 2nd 1/8th. find a real strip and find out....

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Yeah, I know your time doesn't start until you cross the line, but it could mean the difference between winning and losing. I like to cross the finish line first..................lol

BTZ

Apr 5, 2005
Burnaby
reaction time does not matter. i usually sit there for 2 sec to give the honda a head start. I hit 401@15.3psi with 10.0 a/f's on pump gas that day and my traps were 112-114 with a 12.8 -12.9. why was your trap speed so low? i hope u are taking every gear till redline. and dynos seem to provide less load so you need to turn the boost up more on the dyno then u do on the street.

oh you were racing the red one with 450rwhp.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
BTZ said:
reaction time does not matter. i usually sit there for 2 sec to give the honda a head start. I hit 401@15.3psi with 10.0 a/f's on pump gas that day and my traps were 112-114 with a 12.8 -12.9. why was your trap speed so low? i hope u are taking every gear till redline. and dynos seem to provide less load so you need to turn the boost up more on the dyno then u do on the street.

Your right Brent, that was 87 7M-GTE (Jason) from Bellingham. Very nice car, and obviously very fast!:boink: My cars trap was about the same as Teks, (107) with a 13.31 et. I've got to get 550's, an IC w/ hardpipes, get my SAFC II hooked up, along with my Blitz ebc, and try the dyno again, at aboot:biglaugh: 18psi!:icon_razz Should be right at 400whp.:naughty:

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Darn, that means I'll really have to drive well to get into the 12's! That was my second drag run ever so I need to practice. I wasn't holding each gear till redline because it feels like the power slopes off beyond 4500. Also I figure with stickier tires and a better launch I can get a faster trap. Your HP is really good for 15 psi. Must be a really good flowing IC setup since my car needs about 17-18 psi to hit 400 HP.

Jason, with a little practice, should be a really tough car to beat.

BTZ said:

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
You will pick up another 4 MPH's if you hold the gear's til barely under redline. Also; you really have to think about shifting fast. I know I picked up almost .5 seconds just by remembering as soon as my foot hits the clutch pedal I pull it out of gear and smash it into the next(with the pedal down). Might not be the safest for the car; but everything is fixable.