10 under mains and rod bearings

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
to add to that, the "undersize" refers to the crank. A bearing advertized as +.25mm is for a crank that is ground and finished to an undersize of -.25mm

Drummerboy0518

Jul 4, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
Okay thank you guys. I bought clevite 77's from intense power near my house and the their distributor sent me king tri-metal race bearings because they thought it would be better for my motor. They didn't even call Intense or me to ask if that was cool or not.

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
IMO from what i've read, heard and seen, King bearings, ACL or Global bearings are best?........Maybe Figgie or IJ would chime in...I'm running 10 under ACL's in my bottom end with a clean shaven crank, balanced and my engine builder has used the same ACL brand in 4 different 7m's here in town and I have yet to see any major problems out of them. They are all putting down 400RWHP+

Last edited:

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
7M King's are junk. Acl is a little better. Send those back and demand that you get what you paid for. They prob did not consider anything at all other than what they had in stock and what they did not.

NDC bearings in the clevite box are the only bearing proven to hold up under extreme power and untill someone shows me a 4 fiqure dyno chart with kings installed and lasting for a lenght of time, then I stand by my statment.