-10 oil filter relocation kit

supraturbotimmy

Dec 19, 2006
uk
i got this a few weeks ago i currently have a oil filter relocation kit on but now have got what i thought a better one :) the problem is the fitting for the oil filter is a m20 1.5 so my nice new trd one will not fit, btw this is not on the car yet i am stil using my current set up. is there a double ended thread that is m20 1.5 one end and 3/4 16 the other?? i have searched and search ed but no luck as of yet. or would you happen to know of a oil filter to match the flow and by pass settings of our supra oil filter but with a m20 thread i have gone on to wix's site but the part numbers are differnent from us to uk part numbers... ideally i would like a slightly larger one like the lexus filters iirc its the lexus one just to keep a bit more in there.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Ok...a bit confused as to what exactly the problem is. Are we talking about the remote filter head or the adapter to the block?

Besides, why would you switch something that is working?

supraturbotimmy

Dec 19, 2006
uk

supraturbotimmy

Dec 19, 2006
uk
yeah i done that but the part numbers for over here do not match up to what is over your way,i can't seem to get much detail for specs on the filters on wixeurope, i thought that kit had our size fitting for the oil adaptor but alas it does not

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
You're saying you can't reference a filter for a 2002-08 Honda Accord w/ 3.5L V6?

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Ok...1st, I've never seen the adapter you purchased on eBay. If you are asking about where to get a 3/4x16 threaded stud for it, I have no idea.

I went here:
http://www.wixeurope.com/products/index.html

Entered 51356 the Wix USA part # for a 2002-08 Honda Accord w/ 3.5L V6 from above.
And got this:
http://www.wixeurope.com/catalogue/ResultsExact.asp?PartNo=51356&imageField.x=8&imageField.y=8

I clicked on the part # for Wix Europe (top line - far right) and got this:
http://www.wixeurope.com/catalogue/PartDetail.asp?Part=236297

The above url indicates a part # 236297. The window shows the part number I entered and a UPC # 765809513563 at the top. The window shows sufficient detail to me...what kind of info do you want?

Maybe you need to find a part supplier that knows what they are doing? I mean really, a parts store should be able to find a Wix filter for a 2002-08 Honda Accord w/ 3.5L V6...the filter is the same in the US and UK.

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Mar 31, 2005
Vienna, VA
(I've done some searching for a big filter with the M20x1.5 threads for my 350z...)

All my part numbers are from the US Wix catalog.

First, what size base does your filter mount use? There are a few base sizes for a M20x1.5-threaded filter. The small base has a gasket OD of about 2.5" (about 63mm). There are larger ones of 2.73", and 2.83" (69mm, 72mm). There are filters larger than this, but they're probably not for you.

On the small base, there's the tiny 51356 which supposedly filters well. The 51064 is larger, and the 51344 is larger yet. The 51318 is the largest available for the small base with a nominal filtering of 13microns, though expensive and hard to get. The Porsche 928 calls for a 51285, which is a good size, but has a nominal rating of 32microns and a high bypass of 30psi. It's obviously more of a racing filter. The 51285 would do well coupled with a bypass filter.

If you have a small base, the 51344 is probably your best choice.

For the larger base, 51626, 51324, or 51182 will do ya, depending on what bypass valve you want (8-11, 16, or 24psi, respectively).

Asterix

supraturbotimmy

Dec 19, 2006
uk
jdub i just put in the car details you put up and i posted the link with what information the site gave me, the link you posted up of the same filter gave the info what i was looking for :) weird eh. i just wanted to make sure the specs for a replacement filter were as close to the toyota one as poss.

supraturbotimmy;1107828 said:
jdub i just put in the car details you put up and i posted the link with what information the site gave me, the link you posted up of the same filter gave the info what i was looking for :) weird eh. i just wanted to make sure the specs for a replacement filter were as close to the toyota one as poss.

Most of these will take ae86 filters. mine does. Also where are you in the UK? I use to live in Canterbury and would see two mkiii's like all the time.