1/8 Mile Racing Pics

7MA61

7MA61
Aug 27, 2006
Sydney
Well on the weekend I drove 450 km to the Toyota Nationals, here are some pics of the 1/8 Mile Action with quite a few MK3 and supra shots in general:naughty: .

p577224_1.jpg

p577224_2.jpg

p577224_3.jpg

p577224_4.jpg

p577224_5.jpg

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j76/7MA61/Toyota Nationals/?start=all

link to the album with heaps more pics still uploading as we speak too:icon_bigg

7MA61

7MA61
Aug 27, 2006
Sydney
upgradedsupra said:
Nice photo! What does this car run?

Duane
Not sure the black MK4 did a best of 7.63 and the grey/brown one did a 7.19 and they were both quicker then the MK3.

As for the tyres they were running about 10psi through them I think, the surface was very low grip its just an old rural airport they close off occassionally for racing. Its more about having fun then ultimately chasing quick times.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
7MA61 said:
Not sure the black MK4 did a best of 7.63 and the grey/brown one did a 7.19 and they were both quicker then the MK3.

As for the tyres they were running about 10psi through them I think, the surface was very low grip its just an old rural airport they close off occassionally for racing. Its more about having fun then ultimately chasing quick times.

7.19? That is a 10.9 car and the other is a high 11 car. (judging of course if they have the trap to make MPH) What was the trap in the 1/8?
I did an 11.0 at 130MPH 1/4 and my 1/8 mile was 7.2 and trap was 102MPH. Man that must suck not having a full track. The Supra really shines in 4th gear!

Duane

7MA61

7MA61
Aug 27, 2006
Sydney
Lol we have plenty of full tracks just not out in the bush where kangaroos do run wild seriously.

No trap speeds unfortunately, but that MK4 has made 876rwhp on a dyno dynamics dyno (close to 950-1000rwhp on a US style dyno). ON a proper strip like we have closer to the city that car would probably run closer to a low 10 or less (its still manual and the bush on the shifter mechanism was flogged out meaning shifts had to nursed or you just miss the gate). Since getting it home the owner has machined up a new bush out of nylon to replace it.

To give you an idea of the lack of grip even with the slicks early on in the day before the track had some rubber layed down the MK4 was drifting the top end of the track in 3rd.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Damn you Jono, stealing my idea for a ToyNats photo thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:nono:

:icon_razz

I'll get some of mine up over the weekend... One of my faves from the weekend is the one i got of the Coke can upright in the exhaust of the maroon one, with room still left over!

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
7MA61 said:
Lol we have plenty of full tracks just not out in the bush where kangaroos do run wild seriously.

No trap speeds unfortunately, but that MK4 has made 876rwhp on a dyno dynamics dyno (close to 950-1000rwhp on a US style dyno). ON a proper strip like we have closer to the city that car would probably run closer to a low 10 or less (its still manual and the bush on the shifter mechanism was flogged out meaning shifts had to nursed or you just miss the gate). Since getting it home the owner has machined up a new bush out of nylon to replace it.

To give you an idea of the lack of grip even with the slicks early on in the day before the track had some rubber layed down the MK4 was drifting the top end of the track in 3rd.

That time is prett bad for an 1/8 pass then again is why I asked for a trap speed.

Duane

7MA61

7MA61
Aug 27, 2006
Sydney
Jimmysmk3 said:
what is your suspension setup?
none are my cars I just took the pics.

The times are bad for an 1/8 mile because it has the worst surface ever, its not a track, its a country airport that they stick some timing gear on to have fun.

Its a very low grip surface some of its not even sealed :nono: .

The weekend isn't about times its just toyota freaks getting to have some fun in their cars.

7MA61

7MA61
Aug 27, 2006
Sydney
p582208_1.jpg

only that one from the black MK4, I'll try and find some from other peoples photos that were there. I wasn't in the mood for taking pics at the show and shine, static displays just don't interest me for photography.

The drags however I like taking pics.