1.5jz build

Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
Hi, for those that dont know me my name is Adam and I drive a homo blue supra. My car was originally a 90' N/A sport package automatic. I recently completed a 1JZGTE/R154 conversion. Recently car has developed a noticeable rod knock. I suspect due to a weak oil pump, it runs and drives fantastic but knocks on start up......So being faced with the decision to tear my car apart again I decided to upgrade. I never documented the original swap but I decided to this time.

Plan of attack a 2JZGE found locally off craigslist for 400 bucks mated to my 1JZGTE head. Im on a budget and want to try to keep costs down. Will be rocking stock twins with just a Y-pipe and catback and most likely stock boost until I can go single(long ways away). I learned alot doing this swap (I had never even done a clutch or timing belt previously) and still have alot to learn so this will be a new learning experience. Anyways onto the pics

This is what she looked like the day I bought her(and pretty much still does)

p1840945_1.jpg

Engine bay currently(its filthy)

p1840945_2.jpg

1JZ meet 2JZ

p1840945_3.jpg

started tearing it down but ran into trouble (its stuck cant turn the crank)

p1840945_4.jpg

Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
ok been a while since i did anything with the car. im not sure if i have actually developed rod knock or not. i have been cranking to build oil pressure before every start by removing ECU fuse (its a pain). as long as i do that everything is fine car runs well and has ok oil pressure once running. i suspect my oil pump is just bad because if i start the car without cranking it knocks for a second then stops once oil pressure comes on. and on a possibly related note i have been told by two separate people my valve guides are probably going out. anyways i purchased a set of 92' 5 spoke wheels just need to have my tires switched over. also installed my OG strut bar(no pics sorry) but i did snap a few quick pics of my baller exhaust

p1868540_1.jpg

p1868540_2.jpg

p1868540_3.jpg

Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
Been ages since I updated. Not doing a 1.5 anymore but car is running great and finally got my wheels mounted!

Attachments

• 003_zpsb448f319.jpg
    003_zpsb448f319.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 4