Powered by Team Mondor
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: You know you're Australian if.....

  1. #11
    Supramania Regular
    ERA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,194

    Default Re: You know you're Australian if.....

    Quote Originally Posted by LilMissMkIII View Post
    - You know that while we call our friends ‘mates’, we don’t use terms like ’sheila’ and ’shrimp on the barbie’, contrary to popular belief.
    Lies!

  2. #12
    Regular Member
    paradox616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    472

    Default Re: You know you're Australian if.....

    there are no lies, i lived in the middle of the Bush for ages and no one there talks like that either...

    You know your Australian if you think beer only comes in full strength....

  3. #13
    dirty mechanic
    wiseco7mgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    queensland
    Posts
    812

    Default Re: You know you're Australian if.....

    Hahaha no in fact you are wrong, i lived in a town called roma growing up, which is inland about 6-7 hours from brisbane. The old farmers there seemed to always refer to women as sheilas and they have a accent thats different from people in the city as well. Good place to get drunk and go shooting, but i wouldn't live there again.
    -You know your australian if you think stopping beside the road and taking a piss in front of passing cars is normal, it's even polite to wave as they toot there horn.
    - when you have to get off the road and walk on the grass because your thongs are melting to the bitumen.
    -when your bike gets a puncture for the 10th time in a year because it has a "goat head" stuck in it.
    -when you play tackle footy on the oval even though its just dirt and rocks and still love it.
    -when just taking a dump in the outhouse means first checking for redbacks or brown snakes before sitting down.
    -when you know who "Hughsey" is.
    -when visiting your next door neighbour may mean driveing for 400klms
    7mgte something?

  4. #14

  5. #15
    Grumpy Old Man
    IJ.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I come from a land down under
    Posts
    39,070

    Default Re: You know you're Australian if.....

    If you make it down here BBQ at my place

  6. #16
    Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
    tekdeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    2,119

    Default Re: You know you're Australian if.....

    Quote Originally Posted by IJ. View Post
    If you make it down here BBQ at my place
    Either a few of us go down, or everyone on this board chips in a few bucks to get Ian over here to a big Supra meet

  7. #17
    Closing in on 200+MPH

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    St.cloud MN
    Posts
    1,314

    Default Re: You know you're Australian if.....

    Quote Originally Posted by tekdeus View Post
    Either a few of us go down, or everyone on this board chips in a few bucks to get Ian over here to a big Supra meet
    I think Ian should come here. Any part of the country and I would be inclined to drive or fly down.

  8. #18
    Regular Member
    FIL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Thornlie
    Posts
    230

    Default Re: You know you're Australian if.....

    Quote Originally Posted by IJ. View Post
    You know, whatever the tourist books say, that no one says 'cobber'

    I dunno about that... I got a few mates (one in particular) who do use cobber, and frequently.... and I dare anyone to call him unAustralian

  9. #19
    United States of America
    isnms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,226

    Default Re: You know you're Australian if.....

    You have a pet wallaby...sorry that was Indiana
    but I hear they make nice crop circles

  10. #20
    dirty mechanic
    wiseco7mgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    queensland
    Posts
    812

    Default Re: You know you're Australian if.....

    Quote Originally Posted by isnms View Post
    You have a pet wallaby...sorry that was Indiana
    but I hear they make nice crop circles
    They make a great pet, although i think it's illegal without a permit. If you shoot a mother and find she has a baby in her pouch you can pull it out and it will follow you around and think your it's new parent, kinda dumb fact but there you have it.lol.
    Wonder if the wallabies became addicted to the exotic food.?
    7mgte something?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •