Powered by Team Mondor
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: For Speaker Sizes and Questions Click Here

90T

Default Re: For Speaker Sizes and Questions Click Here

I recommend these if you really want something the same size as the stockers. These are not plug and play. You need to remove the shield and grind the ferrite assembly down to fit.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=10

Supramania Regular

You can always try these

http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/db/index.php?s=db501

I got the previous model in same dimension. If you remove the end of the mounting holes, you can use the original screw holes in thebox. The shape is not quite the same as the original rears but the gap is really small, small enough to be able to place some stick on foam on the recess of the factory enclosure before screwing the speaker in

I cant tell you how good they sound because I still had the crappy factory 3.5s in there which drowned the polks out.

Thats my next mission, changing those 3.5s. I notice the factory ones have a capacitor wired in to them to act as a crossover?

Lurker

are the little speakers in the door(below the door speakers) tweeters? or what are they? sorry for sounding like a noob lol

Supramania Regular

They arent speakers at all actually

The speaker box in the door has a vent in it, and the grille in the door which would appear to be for a tweeter is actually for this vent aka bass reflex port

Hope this helps

Boobs/Boost, my favorite

yup, same way home woofers have vents...

some 91/92 pods came with tweeters actually, but I'm not sure any pre 91 Supra did...
    '86.5 Targa 5-speed Sport Package - '91 7MGE - JUNKED
    '89 Targa 5-Speed White package - BPU'd SOLD
    '92 Hardtop 5-Speed - 2JZ-GE SOLD
    '05 Scion xB - JDMish
    '03 Lexus IS 300 5-Speed - Rear ended, parted out
    '08 Mazdaspeed3 - Zoom-Zoom

Search.

Has anyone upgraded the 3.5" speakers? What were the results, worth it?

Has anyone upraded all but the 3.5" speakers? What were those results, and were they left connected?
    Searching SupraMania with Google <<<

My little sister: get off superstupidmania!
    Me: It's supramania.

Originally Posted by Greek
    Fuck you A. Jay. My Supra has a penguin seatbelted into the back seat. IT WAS MY IDEA FIRST.

Originally Posted by Supracentral
    If you don't want it pointed out that you are doing asinine things, don't do asinine things.

Originally Posted by te72
    Takes time to learn to live with your own inherent awesomeness.

Lurker

Does anyone know of anywhere to get the 4.5" speakers? I cant find a place with decent prices.

Failte

Quote Originally Posted by livinasask8er View Post
    Has anyone upgraded the 3.5" speakers? What were the results, worth it?

Has anyone upraded all but the 3.5" speakers? What were those results, and were they left connected?

You're question is a very difficult one to answer. The problem is that there are an infinite number of answers. If someone upgraded factory speakers to another pair of crap speakers of a larger size, it might make a little more bass but will still sound like crap.

If you replace the factory speakers with something like Focal Audio's $5000 component speaker system, run them off an incredibly good amp from an excellent head unit and tune the system properly, it will sound fucking awesome.

In general, if you are upgrading from say a 4" factory woofer to a decent aftermarket 5.25" woofer/tweeter (roughly $300 and up) and run them off the factory head unit, it will sound a bt better.

Run the same aftermarket speakers from a decent deck and again, it will be better. Add a good amp and it will be better still.

I'm going to assume by your question that you are fairly new to car audio so how about this... what is your budget and what are your goals? Are you willing to modify the car at all to achieve those goals?

Search.

Quote Originally Posted by Anth505 View Post
    You're question is a very difficult one to answer. The problem is that there are an infinite number of answers. If someone upgraded factory speakers to another pair of crap speakers of a larger size, it might make a little more bass but will still sound like crap.

If you replace the factory speakers with something like Focal Audio's $5000 component speaker system, run them off an incredibly good amp from an excellent head unit and tune the system properly, it will sound fucking awesome.

In general, if you are upgrading from say a 4" factory woofer to a decent aftermarket 5.25" woofer/tweeter (roughly $300 and up) and run them off the factory head unit, it will sound a bt better.

Run the same aftermarket speakers from a decent deck and again, it will be better. Add a good amp and it will be better still.

I'm going to assume by your question that you are fairly new to car audio so how about this... what is your budget and what are your goals? Are you willing to modify the car at all to achieve those goals?
    My bad, I meant replacing the stock speakers with aftermarket ones of the same sizes and not adding any others. You're close though, I've read up a lot on car audio, but I have no experience. Either way, I've already bought a system, but thanks for your response anyway.
    Here's what I ordered:
    deck: JVC Arsenal KD-A615
    bluetooth: JVC KS-BTA200
    4": Pioneer TS-G1042R
    3.5" Polk Audio db351
    5": Polk Audio db501
    amp: JVC KS-AX4302
    My idea is to stream music from my phone, and to amplify the 4 rear speakers. I Chose a deck that had at least a 2 pairs of preamp outputs incase I add a sub.

And btw EdmondBreaux:
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmondBreaux View Post
    Does anyone know of anywhere to get the 4.5" speakers? I cant find a place with decent prices.
    ...I went to chrutchfield.com and picked out what I wanted, but didn't buy it all there, and it's something I'd suggest. I pick somewhere with a wide selection of something, compare and choose, and then I run searches for each specific item to find the lowest price.
    Searching SupraMania with Google <<<

My little sister: get off superstupidmania!
    Me: It's supramania.

Originally Posted by Greek
    Fuck you A. Jay. My Supra has a penguin seatbelted into the back seat. IT WAS MY IDEA FIRST.

Originally Posted by Supracentral
    If you don't want it pointed out that you are doing asinine things, don't do asinine things.

Originally Posted by te72
    Takes time to learn to live with your own inherent awesomeness.

90T

Are you planning to put the db501's in the back enclosure? If so, have you measured them to see if they will fit?