Powered by Team Mondor
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: For Speaker Sizes and Questions Click Here

LADA is my daily

Default Re: For Speaker Sizes and Questions Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlikechutny View Post
    infact I have heard them and can say they are crap...for the price of new replacements from toyota I can garantee you I can find you something much better.
    well, thats not "any" aftermarket speaker for 125$ each.

Supramania Regular

Sticky fixed, sorry I have not had the time to come back and look over thread.... Been really busy trying to put it everything toghether for my rebuild......

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Pernilongo View Post
    OEM speakers are not china crap. Toyota used football shaped speakers either made by Fujitsu-Ten, Pioneer, or Nakamichi in late 80s to late 90s. The chose of materials, of course, is not progressive due to cost cutting goals consisting of foam and paper, but they will sound much better than most china aftermarket junk you can buy. They do sound good, i doubt many people ever bought and tried OEM speakers, thus, very few can say about their built and sound quality. The OEM crap from china comes in FORD, GM, Chrysler...
    Thing is that if you want any bass from the rear (speakers) what so ever then you are going to have to mess with the pods or make some yourself.... No way around this. If what is desired is better sound quality then yes you will have to go with after market speakers prior to oem speakers. Mainly this is due to the quality of the tweeters being used on the up to date car audio... No speaker 4.5" or 5" will give you a great amount of bass. If you are looking to change your back speakers just so that your car is or stays in mint condition then oem or any drop in will be fine. If you want to improve something then aftermarket is unavoidable.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pernilongo View Post
    well, thats not "any" aftermarket speaker for 125$ each.
    at a 125 bucks I can get much better speakers then OEM replacement

infact my SQ competing soarer will be using cheaper speakers then 125 bucks.

I have an 89 an still have the stock speakers in but I wanted to replace the door speakers with 6" with tweeters because the guy before me cut out holes in the panel so I might as well fill them with tweeters lol. The stock speaker box is still there and I was going to take it out and mount the 6" to the bottom corner of the door where it looked like more speakers go? The metal has been cut out around there? There is suppose to be a speaker there because the door panel has a grill on it, maybe wrong door panels, but I still don't know why they would cut that metal out... Anyone know where else I could mount the speakers I have?
    Thanks

Boobs/Boost, my favorite

If the panels were replaced with 91/92 panels then Toyota already cut the metal out, affixed their own bezel, and it uses different speaker covers..
    '86.5 Targa 5-speed Sport Package - '91 7MGE - JUNKED
    '89 Targa 5-Speed White package - BPU'd SOLD
    '92 Hardtop 5-Speed - 2JZ-GE SOLD
    '05 Scion xB - JDMish
    '03 Lexus IS 300 5-Speed - Rear ended, parted out
    '08 Mazdaspeed3 - Zoom-Zoom

90T

I would verify that when the window is rolled down it doesn't hit anything in that space. The door space is pretty tightly packed, not much room for more stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by *james* View Post
    I have an 89 an still have the stock speakers in but I wanted to replace the door speakers with 6" with tweeters because the guy before me cut out holes in the panel so I might as well fill them with tweeters lol. The stock speaker box is still there and I was going to take it out and mount the 6" to the bottom corner of the door where it looked like more speakers go? The metal has been cut out around there? There is suppose to be a speaker there because the door panel has a grill on it, maybe wrong door panels, but I still don't know why they would cut that metal out... Anyone know where else I could mount the speakers I have?
    Thanks

Ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3p141592654 View Post
    Those are all 4 inch speakers with customizable mount tabs. The cones are smaller than the factory speaker and will leave a gap around the edge of the box. I was able to get a so-called 4T to fit by making an adapter plate to increase the frame size. Plug and play they are not.
    Ditto this. I just had to return a pair of Blaupunkts that Crutchfield listed under their "4T" size. It was too small. I'm getting a pair of Pioneers that they specifically indicate in their product info are for the 4T size that fits Toyota. Something tells me that they still won't fit, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by nuggets View Post
    Ditto this. I just had to return a pair of Blaupunkts that Crutchfield listed under their "4T" size. It was too small. I'm getting a pair of Pioneers that they specifically indicate in their product info are for the 4T size that fits Toyota. Something tells me that they still won't fit, but we'll see.
    Here's an update. Yup, the new "4T"'s didn't fit either. I put 4T in parenthesis because it seems that Crutchfield is mislabelling these at 4T's. I'm returning those. Note that Crutchfield says that they will fit with an additional $7 baffle, but if you look at the pics below, I don't think they will. Yes, the baffle will fill the gaps between speaker and enclosure, but you are still stuck with only one screw hole that fits. For reference, attached are two pics of measurements that I took from both the rear deck enclosures and the rear front facing mounting plates (89+ I believe).